You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Feb 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #1,996 of 6,112
YKYAAW you understand everything that has been sad in this thread.

YKAA when-
hey I like your avatar pic it's really cute XP

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #1,998 of 6,112
We don't have ADD, we just get absorbed in the music. Inside our heads.

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #1,999 of 6,112
Top secret exposed! My dad is an audiophile too he said yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! XD

So is mine, he has a DX50 > C&C BH2 > HD25 Aluminium recabled with an Oyaide copper cable (the one I used to use before I switched to the VK-1) as well as two speaker rigs one 2.0 one 5.1, one cheap chinese headphone amp, one home-made tube amp, a vintage KAV amp and a Mytek DSD DAC as well as a fairly large digital and physical audio collection. No vinyl though, he uses mainly CDs or DSD files 
rolleyes.gif

P.S. He even has an account on here by the name of Petscan (his old gamer ID that he likes to use for everything), although he has a gigantic post count of 0 
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #2,001 of 6,112
YKYAAW you can't resist putting headphones and speakers to answer this question: name 2 appliances that use electromagnets.

Dynamic Headphone and Orthodynamic Headphone :p

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #2,002 of 6,112
Balanced armature and dynamic driver as well.

Feb 5, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #2,005 of 6,112
Transformers rely on electromagnetism.

Stax srd series of adapters use transformers. 
Many amplifiers use a transformer for the psu. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #2,006 of 6,112

You know you're an audiophile when an old acquaintance recognises you not by your face, but by the headphones you're using. XD

What were you wearing? lol

I'm guessing his SR-207? that's a headphone you don't see everyday, surely would leave an image for non-audiophiles to see someone wearing them.

I don't have them out though since there's no convenient wall plug anywhere here.

And it doesn't help that it takes 5 minutes to setup/tear-down. XD

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2,007 of 6,112
WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

YOU WON THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! :D

Haha my dad have no audiophile rig yet though xD he always say "Audio gears is a very expensive hobby, upgrading from low-Fi to high-Fi slowly is way much more expensive than getting a high-Fi rig." His secretly designing a room and hunting a set-up! Shall see how it would turn out :rolleyes:

Feb 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #2,009 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you use your headphones as a multi-purpose earmuff. Music playback and wind resistance make for a better option compared to a beanie too.

I can relate to this : I use my headphones to hold my cap on when it gets windy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back