Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Jun 27, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #1,261 of 3,295
dun worry about the dac amp first, get the can n enjoy the fun straight off your laptop/fones/tablets...
i do it all the time watching youtubes :p

======

SIMPLY RED....that basss clear n textured, dammm its GREAT :p

True true, cans first, gonna order them! Will post first listen review next weekend as won't receive them until Friday. Cheers for giving me the push to make the purchase \o/

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,262 of 3,295

Do you not own the original CDs?

Most of my music is digital lots of mp3's some flacs about 30 gigs worth one these days I am just gonna break down and go through my collection and get all flac or just buy the cd's.

Some of my collection not much to be done since original source recording is flawed.

I have this cd digital and its the recording but because its kinda hard to record a 3 story big pipe organ. Some the other tracks are better since they are not played as softly kinda wish someone cleaned up the recording before releasing it.

8:45mins into this for some nice bass testing =D

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #1,264 of 3,295
320 is fine guys, I mean try it and see if you can hear the difference, choose a track and get it in both 320 and Flac and be honest with yourself. I did and I can't tell the difference, many can't. Just saying as it will save you a lot of time :)

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #1,265 of 3,295
320 is fine guys, I mean try it and see if you can hear the difference, choose a track and get it in both 320 and Flac and be honest with yourself. I did and I can't tell the difference, many can't. Just saying as it will save you a lot of time
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers NuckinFutz, I'll maybe just rip a few favourites to Flac and leave the rest.

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #1,266 of 3,295
320 is fine guys, I mean try it and see if you can hear the difference, choose a track and get it in both 320 and Flac and be honest with yourself. I did and I can't tell the difference, many can't. Just saying as it will save you a lot of time
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, but the issue is that some downloaded albums come from an inferior master than CDs and hi-res downloads, so in these cases, they would sound not as good, even if you couldn't distinguish between 320 kbps MP3 and lossless.

Jun 28, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #1,268 of 3,295
Mt220 is not bright.
It's studio neutral, sound is smooth and thick.
It's sounds good even on poor recordings and mp3, I listened to some indie pop from 70s on YouTube and mt220 let me enjoy the music , even thou recording was terrible , a rip from vinyl with lots of clippings and noise, musicality was still there..

If you have a chanse to get mt220, I recomend you hurry up, it's been discontinued and soon mt220 will be out of stock.

It would be a shame to miss out on such great headphone...

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,269 of 3,295
Mt220 is not bright.
It's studio neutral, sound is smooth and thick.
It's sounds good even on poor recordings and mp3, I listened to some indie pop from 70s on YouTube and mt220 let me enjoy the music , even thou recording was terrible , a rip from vinyl with lots of clippings and noise, musicality was still there..

If you have a chanse to get mt220, I recomend you hurry up, it's been discontinued and soon mt220 will be out of stock.

It would be a shame to miss out on such great headphone...

I just ordered them 20 mins ago on ebay! I'm away all week with work so looking forward to Friday :)

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,271 of 3,295
Make sure to burn in your brand new mt220 with something like infected mushroom / Vivaldi / Metallica / and some smooth jazz with lots of vocals for about 200 hours before you judge the sound.

This headphone needs lot of burn in before it sounds to its full potential...

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #1,272 of 3,295
Make sure to burn in your brand new mt220 with something like infected mushroom / Vivaldi / Metallica / and some smooth jazz with lots of vocals for about 200 hours before you judge the sound.

This headphone needs lot of burn in before it sounds to its full potential...

Good advice, any excuse to dig out my Infected Mushroom albums is music to my ears :)

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #1,273 of 3,295
One more thing, some people leave headphones playing for 50 hours straight or more, leaving amp at same volume level. I don't recommend that! It's good to change volume level from time to time, from low to middle from middle to high. Sometimes it's good to leave headphones for 5-8 hours on volume above your average comfort listening volume , a little higher than you woul have it while listening . It will straiche diaphragm of driver and make lot of difference in sound, but don't do it often, just sometimes...

I also don't recommend using any type of noise to burn in headphones. Noise gives fast effect but it mess up the sound. I already throwed away few pairs of headphones after experimenting with noise.

So different volume levels, and don't let headphones be on none stop for long periods, 8 hours playback and pause for few hours ... No need to over stress new drivers.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back