Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Jun 25, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #1,231 of 3,295
  How does B&H Photo have these for $100 less than anyone else?

Why don't you ask them?
cool.gif

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #1,232 of 3,295

Why don't you ask them?
cool.gif

Wow I got lucky then on mine I order through them for $145.00 but just looked today and says discontinued!!

My guess is they bought a bunch and they and they were not moving so to clear inventory they cut the price.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1037615-REG/yamaha_hph_mt220bl_hph_mt120_studio_monitor_headphones.html

Holy crap only order them few days ago they must have had almost none left in stock lucky me.

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #1,233 of 3,295
  Wow I got lucky then on mine I order through them for $145.00 but just looked today and says discontinued!!

My guess is they bought a bunch and they and they were not moving so to clear inventory they cut the price.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1037615-REG/yamaha_hph_mt220bl_hph_mt120_studio_monitor_headphones.html

Holy crap only order them few days ago they must have had almost none left in stock lucky me.

That is lucky! I had no idea they were about to stop selling it. I probably won't add it to my collection again until a year or three from now, so even if I have to pay more, it's not a problem.

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #1,234 of 3,295
Has anyone replaced the earpads on these things I got spare brainwave earpads but little leery as they are brand new headphones.

Any guides or photos would be great!

Edit:
NVM I figured it out comfort level much better now ... might even want thicker pads but dont want to change sound too much.

Also like the sound the thicker pads seem to give it more room to breathe giving it nicer sound to my ears.

Jun 26, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #1,235 of 3,295

Ohh, I ordered mine the other day, just in time apparently. I wonder why it says discontinued rather than out of stock.

Jun 26, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #1,236 of 3,295

Ohh, I ordered mine the other day, just in time apparently. I wonder why it says discontinued rather than out of stock.

unfortunately MT220 is really discontinued.  I was also curious about this and asked Yamaha about it the other day. 

they replied me saying,
"Regarding the HPH-MT220BL, yes these are discontinued" ........

so the discontinuation is official  :frowning2:

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #1,237 of 3,295
Wow.
I guess they are up to something and maybe something new is on the way to replace mt 220?

I bought 2 pairs of mt220 just in case )

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #1,238 of 3,295
hope the price will come down to 70bucks...
maybe a newer version with detachable cable, thicker pads, 70mm drivers ;P

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #1,239 of 3,295
Yehhh and the alligator leather headband, to match my cowboy boots...

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #1,244 of 3,295

I used to own the Fulla and used it with the MT220. Only experienced USB noise when music was not playing.

Well its got to be better then my on board atm is killing me when pushed the highs start to distort causing ear fatigue. As a test I ran it from my microsoft 640xl phone and sounded less harsh even at max. I might try another source see how it fairs.

Just fyi I prefer slightly laid back maybe little warm sound profile I dont know how much dac/amp will change that.

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #1,245 of 3,295
  Well its got to be better then my on board atm is killing me when pushed the highs start to distort causing ear fatigue. As a test I ran it from my microsoft 640xl phone and sounded less harsh even at max. I might try another source see how it fairs.

Just fyi I prefer slightly laid back maybe little warm sound profile I dont know how much dac/amp will change that.

Yeah, it'll definitely improve the sound, considering what you said.

If you want to make the headphones sound warmer, I recommend using a parametric equalizer.

Oh, and there is another potential issue with the Fulla: when I moved the volume knob, there was USB noise sometimes too. Guess it depends on your system. The Magni 2 Uber and Modi 2 had no such noise, but they're much more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back