Yamaha EPH-100
Jan 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #361 of 4,690

We definitely have the same taste. Thanks!!!

Quote:
indeed we have same ears, because i also likes too,  a analytical signature,  are fantastic in many tracks, especially on vocals, acoustic and live tracks ..... but it's missing some punch and warmth for many others 80's songs.

A song to you.
beerchug.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #362 of 4,690
Almost 100 hours and I can notice the treble getting better as well as bass (punch, tight, powerful, excelent definition, subwoofer-like experience). Mezzoforte - Live in Reykjavik - Prime Time (Jazz), at 4 mins. a drum solo. Best experience I have ever had with a drum solo (more than with the UM3X). For moments I thought I was there. My mouth was open. Not to mention bass notes. Slap, etc. It's so realistic. Sub-bass can't stop impressing me every time, it's like a sub-woofer, such is the power and strength and speed. Overall the experience with all the album is excelent, I can feel it all more than with the UM3X (I didn't like this album much with the UM3X). Treble's good with this recording. Separation and 3D imaging is magnificent. I hear sounds coming from everywhere, 360º. Put the GR-07's or Sony EX1000 here and you feel nothing.

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #363 of 4,690
Quote:
Almost 100 hours and I can notice the treble getting better as well as bass (punch, tight, powerful, excelent definition, subwoofer-like experience). Mezzoforte - Live in Reykjavik - Prime Time (Jazz), at 4 mins. a drum solo. Best experience I have ever had with a drum solo (more than with the UM3X). For moments I thought I was there. Not to mention bass notes. Slap, etc. It's so realistic. Overall the experience with all the album is excelent, I can feel it all more than with the UM3X (I didn't like this album much with the UM3X). Treble's good with this recording. Separation and 3D imaging is magnificent. I hear sounds coming from everywhere, 360º. Put the GR-07's or Sony EX1000 here and you feel nothing.

It appears you have been running burn ins for 40 hrs per day for the past two days. Is that due to lack of sleep? Good job miow. LOL.

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #365 of 4,690

Quote:
Almost 100 hours and I can notice the treble getting better as well as bass (punch, tight, powerful, excelent definition, subwoofer-like experience). Mezzoforte - Live in Reykjavik - Prime Time (Jazz), at 4 mins. a drum solo. Best experience I have ever had with a drum solo (more than with the UM3X). For moments I thought I was there. My mouth was open. Not to mention bass notes. Slap, etc. It's so realistic. Sub-bass can't stop impressing me every time, it's like a sub-woofer, such is the power and strength and speed. Overall the experience with all the album is excelent, I can feel it all more than with the UM3X (I didn't like this album much with the UM3X). Treble's good with this recording. Separation and 3D imaging is magnificent. I hear sounds coming from everywhere, 360º. Put the GR-07's or Sony EX1000 here and you feel nothing.

Yes, I'm noticing positive changes with burn-in also, particularly with regards to treble.

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #366 of 4,690

Quote:

Quote:
Yes, I'm noticing positive changes with burn-in also, particularly with regards to treble.

Great News!!

Cant wait to tast a bit. :D

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #368 of 4,690

ABSOLUTELY DEVINE !

The particularly amazing bit you are referring begins to start at about 4.45 min & from there on its the most wonderful heart pulling drive to the end.
You feel every thud & clash of cymbals. From the slow start to the crazy fast paced thunderous build up. The EPH100 keep it banging together wonderfully.
Shockingly the cymbals are very good to my ears. I love them as they are presented in a non fatiguing manner so i have the volume cranked up.
I have around 100+ hours so I'm loving the changes too.

EPH100 can't do Jazz well  ? 
blink.gif

I tested this track out with MP3 using laptop. Cant wait to get a lossless version to my ears.
I'm listening to that track on repeat right now. I haven't heard it on a 'Top Tier' myself but Wowww.. I can more than live with this

Thanks for introducing me to Mezzoforte !

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #369 of 4,690

Quote:

Thanks for introducing me to Mezzoforte !

Indeed Miow, give us more awesome Jazz references bands.

and yes, im salivating , reading this great feedbacks, after some burn-in! :D

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #370 of 4,690
Ypu're welcome dude
wink_face.gif

Also try Dave Weckl and Lee Ritenour (complete discographys). Awesome with the YAMAHA's.

Yes, they do some jazz well ; )

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #371 of 4,690

Quote:
Ypu're welcome dude
wink_face.gif

Also try Dave Weckl and Lee Ritenour (complete discographys). Awesome with the YAMAHA's.

Yes, they do some jazz well ; )

Thx, cant wait to see how it looks genres like GARE DU NORD band in EPH-100.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #373 of 4,690

Quote:
Miow so i'm wondering after some more hours of use are we likely to see EPH100 go back  up a notch on your rating ?

Man I can't get this track off repeat.. Mmmm

He cant do that, because he is gone have a Merlin pair, so he need to have some space to rating them....ehehehe

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #374 of 4,690
Yes, possibly. I dropped due to treble. Now I'm starting to like it. It's allways the same story with YAMAHA's treble. You got to get used to it. You just love it or hate it ; )

Quote:
He cant do that, because he is gone have a Merlin pair, so he need to have some space to rating them....ehehehe

hehehe, this guy is clever :D

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #375 of 4,690

Quote:
Yes, possibly. I dropped due to treble. Now I'm starting to like it. It's allways the same story with YAMAHA's treble. You got to get used to it. You just love it or hate it ; )

hehehe, this guy is clever :D

Hate + Burn in = Love 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back