Xiaomi Piston 3 (2015)
Mar 30, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #51 of 169
  penonaudio has them listed......

http://penonaudio.com/Earphones/In-ear-earphone/xiaomi-piston-3.0

I specifically said on Ebay...

I found this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-New-Original-Xiaomi-Piston-3-III-In-Ear-Earphones-Headset-Remote-MIC-/161653959455?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a353ab1f

Thanks!

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #55 of 169
Just received my pair of 3.0s today! Trying them out right now actually.... I'm currently going by comparisons with the 2.0 so here's just a few initial impressions:

Build
  1. Comfort-wise (based on stock tips) the 3.0s feel a bit than the 2.0s. Although, the stock tips on these feel slightly more flimsy than the 2.0s.
  2. The smoother back design of the 3.0 is much welcomed - didn't feel too comfortable with the sharp edged back of the 2.0s
  3. Purely subjective aesthetic, I do prefer the black over gold - less gaudy and more sensible

Sound
Impressions so far is 3.0s have better pronounced mids (welcomed improvement over the V-shaped 2.0s). I could almost say the 2.0 is the bass-heads version of the pistons now. I'm currently using the RE400 bi-flange tips to test, but soundstage is about the same which was expected. Personally very happy with these so far and I dare say that the 3.0s may dethrone the 2.0 but will need a bit more time to determine my own opinion of this.

Miscellaneous
The 3-button control didn't work on my Moto G phone but not a big deal for me given seldom use of those functions. ....and no, my 3.0s did not smell like chocolate, licorice or any other scent 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #56 of 169

Sound
Impressions so far is 3.0s have better pronounced mids (welcomed improvement over the V-shaped 2.0s). I could almost say the 2.0 is the bass-heads version of the pistons now. I'm currently using the RE400 bi-flange tips to test, but soundstage is about the same which was expected. Personally very happy with these so far and I dare say that the 3.0s may dethrone the 2.0 but will need a bit more time to determine my own opinion of this.

^ This is a very good sign. Now, I really want to buy one.

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #57 of 169
Just received my pair of 3.0s today! Trying them out right now actually.... I'm currently going by comparisons with the 2.0 so here's just a few initial impressions:

Miscellaneous
The 3-button control didn't work on my Moto G phone but not a big deal for me given seldom use of those functions. ....and no, my 3.0s did not smell like chocolate, licorice or any other scent :tongue_smile:

nice scent free =) not a fan of licorice, never owned the 2s but i would be interested to smell what kind of chocolate they are like =o

Apr 4, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #58 of 169

Build
  1. Comfort-wise (based on stock tips) the 3.0s feel a bit than the 2.0s. Although, the stock tips on these feel slightly more flimsy than the 2.0s.
  2. The smoother back design of the 3.0 is much welcomed - didn't feel too comfortable with the sharp edged back of the 2.0s
  3. Purely subjective aesthetic, I do prefer the black over gold - less gaudy and more sensible

Sound

Miscellaneous
The 3-button control didn't work on my Moto G phone but not a big deal for me given seldom use of those functions. ....and no, my 3.0s did not smell like chocolate, licorice or any other scent 
tongue_smile.gif

A neutral Piston? Interesting!

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #59 of 169

A neutral Piston? Interesting!

I wouldn't say they're totally neutral, but they're definitely sound more well rounded. For example, with stock tips on the 2.0s, I found the bass (i.e. kicks) actually a bit uncomfortable. That's not even inclusive of stock tips not sealing as well, hence I started using the bi-flange tips which helped heaps. With the 3.0s, I found it quite acceptable even with stock tips.

Tried listening to a single electronica, pop and jazz track four times over (2.0 stock/bi-flange, 3.0 stock/bi-flange) to compare and so far I feel like the difference is evident.

Oh, one other thing to note, my 2.0s are unmodded so I can't say how they might fair otherwise compared to the 3.0s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back