Xduoo XD-05 BASIC (new release update)
Jan 19, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #16 of 41
hey, @ChevyMonsenhor , I'm experiencing the same issue here... every time my Tidal change tracks, there is 1s of an annoying distortion. I tryied to update drivers and software, but nothing changed. Did you manage to improve this? Thanks!
Mine is exactly the same, im wondering if its only with the basic version or the plus too.
One of the solutions i came up was to set up the Windows format to 32bits @192kHz (for compatibility with some software) and crucially, turn on the DAC after i turn on my computer, that seems to help a bit.
Since i got my unit xDuoo has updated the Xmos driver (from 4.86 to 5.0), but that didn't seem to yield a lot of difference.
There's also some people on xDuoo's forums complaining about similar issues on their Basics as well, hopefully that warrants a firmware update.

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #17 of 41
I think I got a dud with my basic. At one point it decided to stop working and windows defaulted back to my speakers and the xduoo disappeared as an audio source. That was pretty annoying, but not the last bug. Yesterday was the last straw. I got up and noticed that stereo seemed to not be working anymore. I tried my speakers and tried a different dac/amp (fiio q1 that I keep around), and audio seemed fine.

I don't really care to try and troubleshoot any longer. I haven't experienced this many issues with a dac or amp before. Even my original XD-05 didn't have this many issues. It sucks because I really liked my old XD-05.

Feb 6, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #18 of 41
My first external DAC/Amp, connected to my Moto E4 and listening for about 1/2 hour no problems so far, SQ using my Westone W40 Gen 2 no EQ is 😮
PXL_20210206_052314173.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #19 of 41
Been using my Basic for a few days now with my HiFiman HE-4XX and I'm extremely pleased with the performance.

Also got the BT module but haven't tried that yet. I've just been running it straight out of my laptop. One issue I ran into today though, I picked up a short usb-c to usb-c cable from Amazon to replace the long one that comes in the box, but it won't power the unit from my laptop? I get a few seconds of power, then the unit shuts down.

Anyone know if I need a specific type of cable for this application?

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #20 of 41
I picked up a short usb-c to usb-c cable from Amazon to replace the long one that comes in the box, but it won't power the unit from my laptop? I get a few seconds of power, then the unit shuts down.

Anyone know if I need a specific type of cable for this application?

Ok, after some experimentation, The cable will work to transfer data from my usb-c port, but not power. So, I'm powering from the regular usb port and using the usb-c for data. Still don't know why though the included cable will charge from the usb-c port on the laptop, but the one I bought won't. Neither will the included short OTG cable.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #23 of 41
Hello Hello, Some questions as I'm interested in this device for my Desk

• Is there any channel imbalance with IEMs at the lower volume?
  • Does the BT Adapter have a charging passthrough? E.g you can Change and use the BT at the Same time?
  • Does it play well with Sensitive IEMs?
  • Does anyone happen to own both the Basic and Plus model? Are the Plus a major upgrade in term of SQ?
Thanks!

Mar 5, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #24 of 41
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this amp so far. I do have an issue though with static noise coming from the volume pot when I make adjustments. It seems to be pretty random though, not occurring every time I use it.

Thought it might be caused by the LED ring so I turned that off, but it didn't fix the issue.

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #26 of 41
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this amp so far. I do have an issue though with static noise coming from the volume pot when I make adjustments. It seems to be pretty random though, not occurring every time I use it.

Thought it might be caused by the LED ring so I turned that off, but it didn't fix the issue.

Does this issue occur when you use either External USB Power & Internal Battery Power? There's a switch in the back of the unit.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #28 of 41
Yup, it's there even on battery power.

Not really a deal breaker though, just a little annoying. Otherwise, the amp sounds great, the bass boost feature works really well, and it's more than powerful enough to push my Sundaras.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #29 of 41
Ok, I think I resolved the static issue on my volume pot. It seems to only happen when the amp is set to high-gain mode.

Since I'm using it with Sundaras, this isn't an issue as they are driven fine in low-gain mode, so I'll stick with that.

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #30 of 41
Ok, I think I resolved the static issue on my volume pot. It seems to only happen when the amp is set to high-gain mode.

Since I'm using it with Sundaras, this isn't an issue as they are driven fine in low-gain mode, so I'll stick with that.

seeing as you're in Japan and assuming you have access to many Audio gears. what's the reason(s) you choose the xDuoo XD05 Basic over the other stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back