Xduoo XD-05 BASIC (new release update)
Sep 8, 2020 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Katholm

New Head-Fier
I am looking to upgrade my BTR3K, and I bumped into this piece :)
Does anyone know what the main differences or have made a comparison of the Xduoo xd-05 plus vs the new basic model?

The new basic version supports Bluetooth 5.0 which was missing on the plus, I know the plus gives more power. but no info regarding codecs (LDAC? it doesn't mention which BT chip is inside)

I'm wondering why is the plus prices at 260 and the basic is 140$. maybe the lower pricing is to be competitive since the plus was released almost 2 years ago?

I'm inclining to get the basic one.
Links:
https://www.xduoo.net/product/xd05-basic/ - BASIC
https://www.xduoo.net/product/xduoo-xd-05-plus/ - PLUS

Sep 8, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 41
The basic uses a cheaper (but i guess still decent) DAC chip and less powerful headphone amplifier.
Guess there might be other differences.

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 41
I am looking to upgrade my BTR3K, and I bumped into this piece :)
Does anyone know what the main differences or have made a comparison of the Xduoo xd-05 plus vs the new basic model?

The new basic version supports Bluetooth 5.0 which was missing on the plus, I know the plus gives more power. but no info regarding codecs (LDAC? it doesn't mention which BT chip is inside)

I'm wondering why is the plus prices at 260 and the basic is 140$. maybe the lower pricing is to be competitive since the plus was released almost 2 years ago?

I'm inclining to get the basic one.
Links:
https://www.xduoo.net/product/xd05-basic/ - BASIC
https://www.xduoo.net/product/xduoo-xd-05-plus/ - PLUS

Been having a look at the XD-05 Basic too, thinking of upgrading from my Fiio Q1.

Apart from the supposed bluetooth 5.0 connectivity (highly doubtful), seems to me it's almost 90% the same as the old XD-05 (only difference is the XMOS chip and OP Amps (BUF634 in original, unknown in the Basic) which is still selling for $200 on their site. Strange why they'd undercut their own product..

Seems like a smart marketing strategy to get rid of old XD-05 stock. The original XD-05 came out years ago... Its price is 210 and for just a bit more you get the Plus. Discounting a 4 year old product? Booringgg, water is wet.

Call it a new product and sell at a much cheaper price.. Like moths to a flame.. I'm not too bothered tho, I like the new pricing and have read lots of great reviews for the XD-05.

I'm gonna wait for 11/11 and get this at a better price

Sep 18, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 41
I just noticed a good deal on Aliexpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqtbRkf
You have to follow the store (one simple tap/click) to get the Fans Exclusive Discount - selling for $120!

The store has a $5 coupon for purchases over $109 and an extra 10% off if you have enough coins (575 to be exact) which brings it down to $103.

There's gonna be a sale about 3 days from now which will let you get another $6 off, but I don't think the store will offer the same price, normally these guys jack the price up then give a huge discount during their "sales".

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 41
I just noticed a good deal on Aliexpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqtbRkf
You have to follow the store (one simple tap/click) to get the Fans Exclusive Discount - selling for $120!

The store has a $5 coupon for purchases over $109 and an extra 10% off if you have enough coins (575 to be exact) which brings it down to $103.

There's gonna be a sale about 3 days from now which will let you get another $6 off, but I don't think the store will offer the same price, normally these guys jack the price up then give a huge discount during their "sales".

Just placed an order and thanks to you i saved a lot. I paid full price on drop now i cancelled it and saved almost $40 thanks to coupons and store discount. Shipping was free too.

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #11 of 41
Pricing strategy fits the upcoming xDuoo XD-05 BAL version, expected to be released end of December.

So that would be BASIC -> PLUS -> BAL
With so many competitive products with 4.4mm in recent months the BAL has to be a) positioned at a reasonable pricepoint compared to other brands and b) at the maxxed out price level within the XD-05 definite line-up

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #12 of 41
I received mine a few days ago.
Everything about it is great, except one thing, sometimes when unpausing any type of media, it lets out this very distorted signal from whatever is playing, it lasts just about one second and then comes back to normal.
In direct mode it happens almost all the time the bitrate changes.
Any idea what this is? Did i get a defective unit?
Otherwise its awesome, it sounds great and very detailed, but this nuisance kind of ruins the experience.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #13 of 41
Everything about it is great, except one thing, sometimes when unpausing any type of media, it lets out this very distorted signal from whatever is playing, it lasts just about one second and then comes back to normal.
Otherwise its awesome, it sounds great and very detailed, but this nuisance kind of ruins the experience.
hey, @ChevyMonsenhor , I'm experiencing the same issue here... every time my Tidal change tracks, there is 1s of an annoying distortion. I tryied to update drivers and software, but nothing changed. Did you manage to improve this? Thanks!

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #14 of 41
I just ordered one. Hopefully, I won't have the same issue.

I also picked up the Bluetooth module. Will update with impressions when I get it, but current delivery date is between Feb 4th and 15th so it will be at least a couple of weeks yet.

It's been quite a few years since I've had full-sized cans and recently picked a set of Hifiman He-4xx so I figured I needed an amp to go with it. The He-4xx are acceptable straight out of my PC, but really looking forward to hearing them amped with this little guy.

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #15 of 41
Mine is exactly the same, im wondering if its only with the basic version or the plus too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back