XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jul 18, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #3,647 of 5,194

Both my suggestions are very pocket friendly and battery equipped :)

Yeah, I am a slim person, and mostly wear tight fit jeans, and A brick tied to another brick, and keeping it in the pocket will look funny. I had given up that idea long back with the e12, I think the Cayin is as smalll as e12 only :wink:: I wish they had an amp which will be something like what they did to the FiiO X7: Clip and still wont increase the width of the bundle.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #3,648 of 5,194

I have been using the stock OS for months and months. I'm not saying some people don't hear the pitch difference on 44.1 (or else it wouldn't have been discovered in the first place) but I'm a recording musician and never heard any pitch issue v
redface.gif
v

Several others here have been happily using theirs with the stock OS, however most people are on Rockbox which corrects the pitch issue nearly completely, but then you lose the minimalistic/simple interface.

But if you don't need 2x microSD support and you're going to Rockbox it, you might as well get a Sansa Clip right?

Except that the clips are beginning to get stupidly expensive and harder to find in good condition :frowning2:

$35??

https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-8GB-Clip-Player-Black/dp/B00VXMY262/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468908168&sr=8-1&keywords=sansa+clip

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #3,650 of 5,194

$35??

https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-8GB-Clip-Player-Black/dp/B00VXMY262/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468908168&sr=8-1&keywords=sansa+clip

Jam is cheap and still made but mostly crap.  It's just some cheap actions-semi device rebranded by Sandisk.  The older devices used much better hardware but are much harder to find these days.

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #3,651 of 5,194
Hi, my question can seem strange but it's important: in the XDuoo X3 when i want to scroll through the music library i can HOLD DOWN the "next" (or "back") triangle button? Or i can only continue to PRESS EVERY TIME the button to move forward in the music library? 

Another question: is so different the audio quality between XDuoo X3 and Fiio X1 when you use headphones of 150$-200$, you can hear different in soundstage, spatiality?

Thank you very much for your answers.

P.S. I'm sorry for my english (i live in Italy).

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #3,652 of 5,194
Don't own X3 anymore, but from memory you can fast scroll through music files/folders by holding down the buttons no problem.

Compared to X1(which I currently have), their is no doubt, there is a noticeable difference in sound quality. X3 is considerably more neutral, while the Fiio is pretty warm. X3 is more revealing and more "hifi" sounding, while the Fiio is more smooth and laidback.

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #3,653 of 5,194
  Don't own X3 anymore, but from memory you can fast scroll through music files/folders by holding down the buttons no problem.

Compared to X1(which I currently have), their is no doubt, there is a noticeable difference in sound quality. X3 is considerably more neutral, while the Fiio is pretty warm. X1 is more revealing and more "hifi" sounding, while the Fiio is more smooth and laidback.

To confirm, you can fast scroll with the Xduoo X3.

In your last sentence, did you mean to say the "X3" is more revealing and hifi sounding?

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #3,655 of 5,194
  Yes exactly! Too many X's and I got em confused. X3 is a better sounding player for sure.

Yeah I know what you mean lol.  I can understand why Xduoo likes "X" but not sure about Fiio.

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #3,658 of 5,194
Thank you very much for your answers, only one thing: Is it really that the xduoo X3 have better bass than Fiio X1? Have Xduoo x3 the equalizer?

FWIW, I always felt the bass was unsatisfying on the X1 when I had it.  Sold it mainly because of this.  I don't feel this way about my Rockboxed X3.

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #3,659 of 5,194
Ok, thank you, it's important for me the quality of bass because i like alternative rock music, electronic music, a bit pop music. I don't like too much bass (for example the headphones series "Extrabass" of the Sony" or things like that) but i wish a good, deep, precision bass. I hope that Xduoo X3 + Superlux HD681evo will be a good couple.

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #3,660 of 5,194
Ok, thank you, it's important for me the quality of bass because i like alternative rock music, electronic music, a bit pop music. I don't like too much bass (for example the headphones series "Extrabass" of the Sony" or things like that) but i wish a good, deep, precision bass. I hope that Xduoo X3 + Superlux HD681evo will be a good couple.

I listen to a lot of alt rock from the nineties and it sounds great from the x3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back