xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Dec 15, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #1,413 of 2,087
  No stuttering at all, but some hiss or static. Independent of the volume setting. Has anybody experienced hiss with sensitive iems?

sure did, but as the minimum volume setting was too loud for me with my most sensitive stuff, hiss became a secondary problem. and IEMs with lower sensitivity to use quietly at home, well, they were less sensitive so I also had less hiss.
 both problems are caused and solved the same way.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #1,414 of 2,087
  The stuttering is back. Though acts on some files only so now it may be problem with the tags.

Do you have embedded album art? That seems to cause problems with many players.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #1,415 of 2,087
  No stuttering at all, but some hiss or static. Independent of the volume setting. Has anybody experienced hiss with sensitive iems?

If you need kill noise.
1) Use high impedance headphones, as DIY PK1 150 Ohm

2) Use impedance adapter

3) Use amplifier

biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #1,419 of 2,087
  The stuttering is back. Though acts on some files only so now it may be problem with the tags.

Haha same here... it's back again. Less frequent than before though. 

I guess swapping this card for another brand would be the wise choice. But again it's not frequent... can live with it. This card though, with this X2 is lasting longer per charge. I haven't tested it extensively, but I observed nice difference where Sandisk class 10 with X2 offered less batt life. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #1,420 of 2,087

This is most likely a tagging issue, if you can dedicate one micro sd card to X2, earlier in the thread I talked about removing all tags from all files because X2 doesn't require them since browsing is completely folder based. You can load your entire micro sd card into MP3Tag and remove them all in one hit to eliminate most problems.

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #1,421 of 2,087
  Yes I do. Removing all of them doesn't seem like a practical solution. 

Removing embedded album art should be easy enough using a good free tag editor such as MP3Tag.

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #1,423 of 2,087
Thanks guys.
I do not know the owner of the photo. I like it! 
biggrin.gif

PS Aune B1 has big input impedance and can be used only via line out.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,425 of 2,087
  Haha same here... it's back again. Less frequent than before though. 

I guess swapping this card for another brand would be the wise choice. But again it's not frequent... can live with it. This card though, with this X2 is lasting longer per charge. I haven't tested it extensively, but I observed nice difference where Sandisk class 10 with X2 offered less batt life. 

I don't have a 32Gb or higher capacity card from another brand so can't say. But that does makes sense and explains the stuttering on Strontium cards (if it is related to the card that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back