xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Nov 18, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,308 of 2,087
  I would say that depends on how you have your music organized. If you have a lot of folders and sub-folders you might want to go with the smaller card. The UI is folder based not song/artist/album/genre like most players are set up.

I'm using am 8 gig card right now  and that has 900ish songs and will probably go to a 16 gig card and push it to 1500-1800 songs. I just have to send the music to my sd card using winamp and i push them out with title only and make folders right on the card.

That how it has been working best for me, because when i added my 64 gig card with about 8000+ songs it was kind of a nightmare to use the X2

I'd add that it also dependant on your music encoding.

I have a 32gb card right now - 17gb of it is full - and that's only 654 songs. For me that's only 8 Artists folders - then each with their sub folders for albums.

If you want to use a lot of compressed music - and put lots on -Then what Fergz says really stands up and you should be wary of that otherwise it would turn into  click fest if you like to listen to many different artists all the time.

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #1,309 of 2,087
Mine just arrived a few days ago - V7.

I've actually just ordered 2 more of these from a different seller as Xmas gifts and he says they will be V6. $38 each if you buy 2 in the next 12 hours. Can't beat that!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-XDUOO-X2-Professional-HIFI-MP3-Music-Player-with-OLED-Screen-Support-MP3-WMA-APE/32279772112.html

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #1,310 of 2,087
  I'm not  sure what you mean regarding the folders. Can you not have a folder for each artist then in that folder another for each album?

If you like having everything by artist and album then the X2 is your player. I am much more of a shuffle type. Mostly by the genre or the artist, like someone here mentioned Rush earlier.

If you have Rush in the library and lets say you have 10 Rush albums X2 will have a folder for Rush and a different folder each for the ten albums and there is no way to shuffle play all ten sub-folders at the same time. So if i want Rush i need to create a playlist with all my Rush songs and export them to my memory card title only and then make a folder on the card named Rush and add the files that way, because i dont like the folder/sub folder world.

One of the bands I like is the Grateful Dead and if i did folder sub-folder i would have dozens of sub-folders and most of them would also have sub-folders, when you talk about Dick's Picks you could have 3-4 sub-folders in the Sub-folder. Holy Inception !!!!

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #1,311 of 2,087

I'd add that it also dependant on your music encoding.

I have a 32gb card right now - 17gb of it is full - and that's only 654 songs. For me that's only 8 Artists folders - then each with their sub folders for albums.

If you want to use a lot of compressed music - and put lots on -Then what Fergz says really stands up and you should be wary of that otherwise it would turn into  click fest if you like to listen to many different artists all the time.

This is a good point and one I ignored. If you have some really high quality music files that take up that much space you should go with the bigger micro sd card. I was referring more if you have lots of artists and albums and how annoying it is, at least to me, to click through that many folders and the reason the X2 will never be my go to player for my entire music library

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #1,312 of 2,087
  Mine just arrived a few days ago - V7.

I've actually just ordered 2 more of these from a different seller as Xmas gifts and he says they will be V6. $38 each if you buy 2 in the next 12 hours. Can't beat that!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-XDUOO-X2-Professional-HIFI-MP3-Music-Player-with-OLED-Screen-Support-MP3-WMA-APE/32279772112.html

I got mine for $35 on 11/11 :)

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #1,314 of 2,087
Will the Xduoo X2 and X3 play while they are charging using a cell phone charger or usb battery pack?

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,315 of 2,087
  Will the Xduoo X2 and X3 play while they are charging using a cell phone charger or usb battery pack?

Yep :)

I thought it didn't after trying it but one of the regulars here has the answer for you :

It does play while charging. While the charging screen is on, press the menu key for a bit and it takes you to the playing screen. 

Thanks Eisenbricher!

Nov 19, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,317 of 2,087

Nope.

I have verified this by using my USB OTG cable that I use for that purpose on other devices. The X2 does not look for a data signal - to then switch off into disk/charging mode. It purely looks for an electrical signal - and once detected - even if you are playing music - the song will stop - and you get a screen with only a battery indicator charging.

Tried with regular connection to wall AC and battery pack, and with USB OTG cable.

It does play while charging. While the charging screen is on, press the menu key for a bit and it takes you to the playing screen. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #1,318 of 2,087
  I thought the X2 has a sub folder limit of 100.

you can shove an SD card in with 100+ in but it will only read the first 100 you loaded. ..which is a bit of a bummer

Is it that at each level a folder can hold up to 100 items, either subfolders or files? It seems like for many players this limit is 256.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back