xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Nov 15, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #1,291 of 2,087
Hi All

My first post on this forum and first venture into portable lossless dap with the X2.

I have ripped a stack of cds in Flac and removed tags but I am still encountering 'file error' message when trying to play a song from a different folder/artist. If i turn the player off and on again and just select the song I wanted to play again it plays fine!? It seems purely to be an issue skipping between songs in different folders.

I am on the latest firmware v7

Thanks - all help appreciated

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #1,292 of 2,087
Hi All

My first post on this forum and first venture into portable lossless dap with the X2.

I have ripped a stack of cds in Flac and removed tags but I am still encountering 'file error' message when trying to play a song from a different folder/artist. If i turn the player off and on again and just select the song I wanted to play again it plays fine!? It seems purely to be an issue skipping between songs in different folders.

I am on the latest firmware v7

Thanks - all help appreciated

Welcome! OK how are you loading up the X2? I used Windows media player on Windows 10 with no issue using sync. I have not needed to remove any tags myself. Try taking the SD card out and copying directly to the card using a reader and also if you have another DS card test that if you can.

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #1,293 of 2,087
Oh I had read earlier back that tags could be an issue - not an issue as have stored FLAC with and without tags.

I have just been copying the files directly onto the card and then placing it into the device.

Will check with another card
Thanks

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #1,296 of 2,087
Just got mine today.

I've looked at random pages in this thread - so maybe this has been discussed - but it just made me smile when this happened - and I actually keep listening to this...

So - Works great on most FLAC.

However I have the entire Rush catalog in FLAC and each album is an average of 1gb. ( 24/96 )

But it all works fine on my Sony HAP-S1 and PCM-D100.

So - I was all excited -  the first track I want to listen to is Digital Man from Signals. If you've heard this song - you know that it starts off with a wicked little drum intro by Neil Peart.

Press play and.... in real time it's:

boooooom......               booooooom......              booooooom...

What is really about 40 drum hits in 2 seconds - has slowed it down to 1 drum hit every 4 seconds... Like and you can hear the spaces between the drum hits it's so slow...

It's totally awesome. So of course put on Tom Sawyer - same thing...

Obviously there's a limit to the decoding power on this thing - but I still found this amusing.

Otherwise great player. Impressed with it as a whole and I think I'll order a few more of these as Xmas presents...

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #1,297 of 2,087
  Just got mine today.

I've looked at random pages in this thread - so maybe this has been discussed - but it just made me smile when this happened - and I actually keep listening to this...

So - Works great on most FLAC.

However I have the entire Rush catalog in FLAC and each album is an average of 1gb. ( 24/96 )

But it all works fine on my Sony HAP-S1 and PCM-D100.

So - I was all excited -  the first track I want to listen to is Digital Man from Signals. If you've heard this song - you know that it starts off with a wicked little drum intro by Neil Peart.

Press play and.... in real time it's:

boooooom......               booooooom......              booooooom...

What is really about 40 drum hits in 2 seconds - has slowed it down to 1 drum hit every 4 seconds... Like and you can hear the spaces between the drum hits it's so slow...

It's totally awesome. So of course put on Tom Sawyer - same thing...

Obviously there's a limit to the decoding power on this thing - but I still found this amusing.

Otherwise great player. Impressed with it as a whole and I think I'll order a few more of these as Xmas presents...

X2 doesn't handle 2/96 FLAC. Can you resample to 16/44.1 or 48?

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #1,300 of 2,087
If anyone uses Logic X

So the only problem I am finding so far - is with WAV files. My projects that I Bounce out of Logic X - I usually do so at 16bit 44.1.

On this player - when you try to choose one of the songs it will say FORMAT ERROR - then if there is another WAV in the folder - it will skip to that and play it fine. But then if you skip back and forward - now it says that song that just played is FORMAT ERROR but the other one will work etc... Plus it does some crazy assed screeching.. that digital kind for a few seconds when finishing one of those WAV files when the time runs out.

So - I'm just running a test right now for my own information...

I am Bouncing a song out of Logic X in the following formats - and putting them all into a folder to see what the result is:

Apple Lossless - unsupported
AIF 16/44 - unsupported
AIF 24/44 - unsupported
AIF 16/48 - unsupported
AIF 24/48 - unsupported
WAV 16/44 - Works but FORMAT ERROR if choosing song from folder. Skip FWD/BAK will then let it play.
WAV 24/44 - unsupported
WAV 16/48 - unsupported
WAV 24/48 - unsupported

Ha that was easy...

Ok - so I've now converted all my WAV files - to corresponding FLAC (24/48) etc...

They all work fine.

FLAC 16/44 - Works
FLAC 24/44 - Works
FLAC 24.48 - Works
etc...

Only thing is I get a tiny 'pop' sound when starting one of them. Could be my converter, I'm using XLD on OSX.

Anyways. Now I'll actually start enjoying it :)

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #1,302 of 2,087
  Just going to order my sd card for my x2. Whats the general consensus is 64gb ok or should i go 32gb?

I would say that depends on how you have your music organized. If you have a lot of folders and sub-folders you might want to go with the smaller card. The UI is folder based not song/artist/album/genre like most players are set up.

I'm using am 8 gig card right now  and that has 900ish songs and will probably go to a 16 gig card and push it to 1500-1800 songs. I just have to send the music to my sd card using winamp and i push them out with title only and make folders right on the card.

That how it has been working best for me, because when i added my 64 gig card with about 8000+ songs it was kind of a nightmare to use the X2

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #1,303 of 2,087
What firmware are most of you guys using with the X2? I have stuck with V6 because I believe I read earlier that some of you did not like some of the changes in V7 sound wise. I wish this thing would be able to to shuffle from any artist\album folder instead of my just having one folder labeled Music with all the tracks.

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #1,305 of 2,087
  I'm not  sure what you mean regarding the folders. Can you not have a folder for each artist then in that folder another for each album?

Sure you can have an album\folder for each artist, but my player cannot shuffle where it takes one song from one album and then goes to a totally different folder\artist and so on. At least when I have tried recently again, it can only shuffle\play random songs within a given folder. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back