xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 5, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #32 of 2,087
Suscribed :) vs alien....that's gotta be interesting!

Won't be much of a competition as the x2 has a screen and UI, so it's already better 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, the x2 is 3 times cheaper, so even if it doesn't sound as good it won't be a problem and I already saw some comments on the Russian forums and the x2 seems to be going the other way with the sound signature - being smooth and warmish and someone mentioned he thinks it's about on par with the fiio x3 in sq.

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #33 of 2,087
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1720451
插卡支持:最大支持32G TF/Micro SD卡(64G,128G卡可用,但会有一部份文件不显示)
(Card Support: maximum support 32G TF / Micro SD card (64G, 128G cards are available, but there will be a part of the file does not display))

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #34 of 2,087
The screen obviously can fool you it's bigger until you turn it on but at least it's OLED, so it will have far superior sunlight legibility to the clip and fiio x1

I see that the Russian enthusiasts are already organizing group buys for the x2 - now that's a dedicated community.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #35 of 2,087
Penon also told me something else about X2, they said it has 'a little' background noise. I didn't ask them, they added it in my enquiry reply free of charge. I think it should be ok though and nothing to venture off in mayhem about. A little can mean anything.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #37 of 2,087
  Penon also told me something else about X2, they said it has 'a little' background noise. I didn't ask them, they added it in my enquiry reply free of charge. I think it should be ok though and nothing to venture off in mayhem about. A little can mean anything.

Well, I personally am expecting it with that power the x2 is rated to have, especially given that it doesn't have options to choose between low and high gain. Anyway, people shouldn't be expecting this thing to have the blackest background, cleanest output and amazing sound quality beating several times more expensive DAPs given its small size and low price.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #41 of 2,087
  Yeah, maybe they can open up your unit and take some pics of what's inside.

Hmm, not to keen on that idea, I can think of more than one members unit to nominate though.

Actually, I just purchased a DX90 (literally 30 minutes ago), was a spare of the moment thing but I'm still going to grab this little player.

Nothing like being in the height of excitement as something releases. 

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #43 of 2,087
I'll send my Colorfly C3 to the gym over coming days, in preparation for battle. Should be a good contender up against this new kid on the block. (X2)

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #44 of 2,087

Hmm, not to keen on that idea, I can think of more than one members unit to nominate though.

Actually, I just purchased a DX90 (literally 30 minutes ago), was a spare of the moment thing but I'm still going to grab this little player.

Nothing like being in the height of excitement as something releases. 

You should be ore dedicated to the head-fi community. 
And congrats on the dx90. I was kinda considering it for a while after not being as impressed as I expected with the X5 but ideally on the go I want something small with only hardware buttons and am not big fan of fiio's scroll wheel. I was pretty much set on the cayin N6 but damn this thing is big. So still watching the chinese DAP thread waiting for something to grab my attention but at the moment ticks the most boxes aside from the hi-rez playbak, high-end internals, line-out and big internal storage but I'm not expecting to ever get exactly what I want and am definitely not expecting it at this price point.I'm not even expecting he x2 to compete with c3 - just like its looks and small size paired with the coveted hardware buttons

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #45 of 2,087
  You should be ore dedicated to the head-fi community. 
And congrats on the dx90. I was kinda considering it for a while after not being as impressed as I expected with the X5 but ideally on the go I want something small with only hardware buttons and am not big fan of fiio's scroll wheel. I was pretty much set on the cayin N6 but damn this thing is big. So still watching the chinese DAP thread waiting for something to grab my attention but at the moment ticks the most boxes aside from the hi-rez playbak, high-end internals, line-out and big internal storage but I'm not expecting to ever get exactly what I want and am definitely not expecting it at this price point.I'm not even expecting he x2 to compete with c3 - just like its looks and small size paired with the coveted hardware buttons

I hear from reliable sources XDuoo's screenless player sounds quite nice, but they messed up no memory expansion and a limited storage.

The owner of that DAP I speak to was very excited to hear about X2 release so I think we should be pleased with the results, within reason of course. Its also about time someone took on a similar form factor to the Sansa units, I just hope for no low end roll-off as it's a little noticeable on C3 after using other DAPs, particularly players like Sony Walkmans or X1 which have a full-bodied bass. So a nice flat (ish) frequency response is welcome on X2 here.

The DX90 was really one of those 3am things where I thought 'stuff it' - I've had one before for a couple of weeks thanks to an Australian member (home audition) so I knew what's at the other side.. DX90 cost near $540 AUD here in Australia but I got a little better than that. As for other DAPs the Shozy Alien despite Its absences is truly are great sounding unit and probably my best sounding source currently overall. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back