WyWires Red Headphone Cable
May 23, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #16 of 198
  how you feel about em??

Let me first ask if you have tried them with either the Hifiman HE500 or HE6? 

I had both of mine reterminated by Robert at AphroditeCu29 with mini xlr pigtail as I don't like mini coaxial connectors standard on those headphones.  I have talked some with Alex and while I enjoy the RED, it may not be the perfect match for the Hifiman headphones or at least the retermination of those headphones.

However, when I use the Red with my HD600, it is just downright amazing especially when connected through my Raptor being fed by the BMC Audio Puredac. 

May 25, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #17 of 198

Let me first ask if you have tried them with either the Hifiman HE500 or HE6? 

I had both of mine reterminated by Robert at AphroditeCu29 with mini xlr pigtail as I don't like mini coaxial connectors standard on those headphones.  I have talked some with Alex and while I enjoy the RED, it may not be the perfect match for the Hifiman headphones or at least the retermination of those headphones.

However, when I use the Red with my HD600, it is just downright amazing especially when connected through my Raptor being fed by the BMC Audio Puredac. 

AWESOME - to hear about your experience w/ the HD600s!

I haven't tried them with any Hifiman cans, as I don't own any.

May 25, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #18 of 198
  AWESOME - to hear about your experience w/ the HD600s!

I haven't tried them with any Hifiman cans, as I don't own any.

I decided to try my Hifiman HE500 and the HE6 with the Geek Out 1000 and the Red and I must say it is substantially different.  With the HE6, the GO volume was maybe 45 while with the HE500 it is under 25.  The sound just envelops you.  There is a strong sense of naturalness to the vocals and the bass is very clear and extended to the lower frequencies. 

Time to spend some more time listening and enjoying.

May 26, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #19 of 198

I decided to try my Hifiman HE500 and the HE6 with the Geek Out 1000 and the Red and I must say it is substantially different.  With the HE6, the GO volume was maybe 45 while with the HE500 it is under 25.  The sound just envelops you.  There is a strong sense of naturalness to the vocals and the bass is very clear and extended to the lower frequencies. 

Time to spend some more time listening and enjoying.

HELL YEAH!

That Geek Out 1000 is a lil' gem!!

Shown here w/ my Audeze LCD-3 w/ Fazor
Gonna try this w/ the WyWires cable tonight!

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #22 of 198
  LOVE the WyWires w/ my Audeze LCD-X, LCD-2 w/ Fazor, and LCD-XC on my Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold!
balanced...

VERY clean presentation, tons of air,
and dynamic impact  - that whole system!!

Alex is sending shorter one for the group to audition at our June 21st Chicago Head-Fi meet, ChiUniFi at the Sheraton Chicago Northbrook.

Jun 13, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #23 of 198

Alex is sending shorter one for the group to audition at our June 21st Chicago Head-Fi meet, ChiUniFi at the Sheraton Chicago Northbrook.

I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks about them... will be checking the impressions thread when you guys are done. 
smile.gif
  So far, there's been a lot of consistency among us as to the sound shaping characteristics... wondering if that will hold true for a lot more people.

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #24 of 198
Just getting into headphones so I can not comment on the Red's. However for IC's and Speaker and USB wire, Wywires is my favorite. I use Silver in all those areas and just couldn't live without it. And Alex has been a top notch guy as well.

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #25 of 198
I ordered Red for HD800 with Neutrik 4-pin XLR early this week.
Alex has been very prompt in replying all my email queries and his promises of 1 week turnaround time and recommendation from @mikemercer are big factors in choosing the Red.

Other similar price cables take much longer waiting time, some can take 2 to 3 months waiting time

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #26 of 198
  I ordered Red for HD800 with Neutrik 4-pin XLR early this week.
Alex has been very prompt in replying all my email queries and his promises of 1 week turnaround time and recommendation from @mikemercer are big factors in choosing the Red.

Other similar price cables take much longer waiting time, some can take 2 to 3 months waiting time

Yours is shipping today. Remember to let it play for 20 hours as it will change during that time and continue to evolve through 100 hours.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #27 of 198
Just got mine yesterday. As always nice work Alex. I am enjoying it as I write this. Much nicer soundstage, sense of air, and hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back