Would you turn down a free AKG 240s?
Jul 19, 2004 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

psyco1

500+ Head-Fier
My son did.

I thought I'd get my kids birthday presents while on vacation in NYC last week, so we went to J&R electronics for my youngest's: a Canon A60 digicam. Not a bad haul for a 12 year old.

Now my 14 year old plays a lot of Unreal Tournament online and has my old POS Sony no bass, crap sounding MDR-V4. So, when we went in a shop in Chinatown and I saw a set for 115$ of said AKG's, I thought "This is it". I asked him if he wanted them and he matter of factly said "no". What he wanted was 20$ in spending money.

Can you believe it?

Jul 19, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 11
send 'em my way. i love those cans!
icon10.gif

Jul 19, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 11
I'm like that sometimes. My parents will be willing to bye something for me but I won't take it because I feel like it is a waste of money (btw I don't think the 240 S's are a waste of money) or if I want something more expensive later on (my parents would be like we just bought you so and so and now you want this).
Your kids are lucky that you are willing to buy them stuff like that in the blue, I usually have to bug my parents for months to buy me something like that, it took me 3 years to get a new computer and 9 years to get drums!!

Jul 19, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 11
Is that a good price for those headphones? What other headphones were at this store? I may drop in and check it out. Don't happen to recall name/location of store?

Jul 20, 2004 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipinder
I'm like that sometimes. My parents will be willing to bye something for me but I won't take it because I feel like it is a waste of money (btw I don't think the 240 S's are a waste of money) or if I want something more expensive later on (my parents would be like we just bought you so and so and now you want this).
Your kids are lucky that you are willing to buy them stuff like that in the blue, I usually have to bug my parents for months to buy me something like that, it took me 3 years to get a new computer and 9 years to get drums!!

I just bargain with my parents through grades, chores...etc.
biggrin.gif

But that was before I got a job.

Jul 20, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by psyco1
My son did.

I thought I'd get my kids birthday presents while on vacation in NYC last week, so we went to J&R electronics for my youngest's: a Canon A60 digicam. Not a bad haul for a 12 year old.

Now my 14 year old plays a lot of Unreal Tournament online and has my old POS Sony no bass, crap sounding MDR-V4. So, when we went in a shop in Chinatown and I saw a set for 115$ of said AKG's, I thought "This is it". I asked him if he wanted them and he matter of factly said "no". What he wanted was 20$ in spending money.

Can you believe it?

Let him do some gaming with your A900's and see if he suddenly wants to upgrade (if he won't give them back then that's a sign he's been converted).

Jul 20, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Let him do some gaming with your A900's and see if he suddenly wants to upgrade (if he won't give them back then that's a sign he's been converted).

It's too late now, he already got the 20$. Well, I gave him 25$. He bought pretzels and sunflower seeds and fed the pidgeons, squirrels and seagulls. Oh well, that's what he wanted to do.

Jul 20, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

It's too late now, he already got the 20$. Well, I gave him 25$. He bought pretzels and sunflower seeds and fed the pidgeons, squirrels and seagulls. Oh well, that's what he wanted to do.

Doesn't sound that bad to me; be thankful he's not a greedy little one, he didn't demand the cash value of those headphones and put it all into video games. As long as he's happy, it's cool.

Jul 20, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Is that a good price for those headphones? What other headphones were at this store? I may drop in and check it out. Don't happen to recall name/location of store?

No, you can get them for $70-75...

Jul 20, 2004 at 10:19 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

...for a 12 year old.

you just explained it actually.
biggrin.gif
it's the same reason why we have laws that protect children from the typical consequences of their actions - they're just too young to know better!

[size=xx-small]and jasper994, nice new avatar! though i must say that i really thought that you looked different in real life..
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back