WORST headphone you ever heard?
Sep 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #76 of 1,786
T50p fo sure. The DT1350s are so so much better.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #77 of 1,786
Quote:
D1100 - First headphone that made me shout obscenities with disgust. I rarely swear too.

Any reasons? I don't want to cause a derail but I'm really curious because I have a pair of these and I love them. I'd be interested to hear from someone who hates them. 

The worst I've heard is probably the XB500's. I only listened to them for a couple of hours because I actually ended up feeling really nauseous after a while, kind of like I had motion sickness. I had a pounding headache from them as well. 

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #78 of 1,786
Excluding box-candy gimmephones, probably the Koss KE5W. The quality of Koss's $10-20 offerings is stunning for the price-- but perhaps even more stunning is the dropoff to completely unlistenable, unwearable garbage in their $5 range. I expected "meh," and I got "UGHHHH OWWWWW."

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #79 of 1,786
Oh god, my skullcandy skullcrushers(don't even deserve to be capitalized) the bass sounded... gross.
I've met somebody who said they sound amazing... i almost fainted.

Sep 18, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #80 of 1,786

Quote:
Quote:

Any reasons? I don't want to cause a derail but I'm really curious because I have a pair of these and I love them. I'd be interested to hear from someone who hates them. 

The worst I've heard is probably the XB500's. I only listened to them for a couple of hours because I actually ended up feeling really nauseous after a while, kind of like I had motion sickness. I had a pounding headache from them as well. 

For me the D1100 had just an absolutely ridiculous amount of bass. Probably 10x what I prefer. Very, very recessed mids on the pair I had. Honestly I shouldn't even comment on them because I didn't give them much of a chance.

The XB500 is nice as long as you EQ the heck out of it. I drop the bass by up to -6 DB and boost the mids and treble. You can almost get them sounding close to neutral
normal_smile%20.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #81 of 1,786
Apple Earbuds, hands down. They sound like crap and are uncomfortable as hell.

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #83 of 1,786

Quote:
+1 on the Apple Earbuds. Could never get them to stay in properly either

That's one of the three reasons why I ditched them as soon as I opened my iPod. Don't stay in worth ****, make your lobes completely raw, and sound like crap.

I mean, even the MDR-V150's from Sony, which I currently use, which may not be the best headphone around, are a heck of a lot better than the earbuds.

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #84 of 1,786
Sony MDR V150's are the worst I've listened to for any considerable length of time.  There really isn't much good to say about them.

Panasonic HTF600's are the second worse, even after burning them in.  I can't take listening to music on them.  Even in their limited role for playing games on my second computer, I think it is time to get rid of these stinkers. 

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #85 of 1,786
Absolute worse, Airline buds (Delta). I had to try them, and I lasted maybe a good 25 seconds.  I've kept them just because they are fantastically horrible. My trac phone speaker has them beat ten times over, and not the speaker for talking, the one for the alarm.

Worst non free award goes to the Turtle Beach Ear Force AXT!  Eight drivers deliver a truly unmatched surround sound effect, it's amazing how real they sound.  The only problem is your only allowed to listen to "the sounds of antarctica"  Never have I heard a noisier amp in my life, it's just a loud continuous hiss.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #86 of 1,786

Quote:
Absolute worse, Airline buds (Delta). I had to try them, and I lasted maybe a good 25 seconds.  I've kept them just because they are fantastically horrible. My trac phone speaker has them beat ten times over, and not the speaker for talking, the one for the alarm.

Worst non free award goes to the Turtle Beach Ear Force AXT!  Eight drivers deliver a truly unmatched surround sound effect, it's amazing how real they sound.  The only problem is your only allowed to listen to "the sounds of antarctica"  Never have I heard a noisier amp in my life, it's just a loud continuous hiss.

i have some cheap earbuds i got from a long bus drive when i was in mexico for vacation a while back. worse earbuds ever. cheap build, uncomfortable, horrible sound.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #87 of 1,786
Waddya guys think of these sets?

1) Sony MDR-7506.
2) Bose AE2.
3) Sennheiser HD 202-II.
4) Sennheiser HD 203.
5) Bose TriPort/AE1.
6) Sony MDR-XD100.
7) Sony MDR-XB500.

All 7 of which are possible headphone upgrade candidates. The V150's are doing the job pretty well for what they are, but want to upgrade when I get the chance.

And as for the airline earbuds, the stock Apple earbuds are worse than them. Although cheapo earbuds and any type of headphone that costs less than $20, with a few exceptions as there are some pretty good sub-$20 headphones, the Koss Sparkplugs being one, suck in general.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #88 of 1,786
The Sony MDR-7506 is actually a pretty decent set of cans.

Quote:
Waddya guys think of these sets?

1) Sony MDR-7506.
2) Bose AE2.
3) Sennheiser HD 202-II.
4) Sennheiser HD 203.
5) Bose TriPort/AE1.
6) Sony MDR-XD100.
7) Sony MDR-XB500.

All 7 of which are possible headphone upgrade candidates. The V150's are doing the job pretty well for what they are, but want to upgrade when I get the chance.

And as for the airline earbuds, the stock Apple earbuds are worse than them.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #89 of 1,786

Quote:
Sony MDR V150's are the worst I've listened to for any considerable length of time.  There really isn't much good to say about them.

Panasonic HTF600's are the second worse, even after burning them in.  I can't take listening to music on them.  Even in their limited role for playing games on my second computer, I think it is time to get rid of these stinkers. 

Well, the V150's are $20, I mean what can you expect? And from what I've read on Amazon, Newegg, etc, the build sucks more on the V300's than the sound, as they have been known to break at the point where the earcups fold into the headband.

Also, not a very big fan of the 2-tone color scheme on the V300's as well. The silver and black color scheme looks better on either the UR-40's from Koss or the V700's.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #90 of 1,786
V150. Horrible! The step from V150 to V6 is like going from V6 to a $1k can. Also didn't like Koss Porta pros, and of course the classic Apple earbud that I've ruined several times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back