WORST headphone you ever heard?
Sep 16, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #46 of 1,786
I'm probably cheating by mentioning the Psyko's. SQ didn't get the backseat to positioning, it got the trunk.

Hmm I dont see why people like earbuds....
They have poor isolation / fit and sound quality compared to IEM....

Personally, I don't want isolation in my portable setup.

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #47 of 1,786
Sony MDR-V150's are definitely the worst I've heard, followed by the Beats "Studios".

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #48 of 1,786
Worst headphone ever: All airline phones especially the air channel ones. I actually ran into a pair that sounded decent and I kept them, but they are lost.

Worst good name brand buds: Sennheiser MX500 (I wish these sounded great, but I hate to admit that the iPOD buds that came with my classic sound better, and I really don't like iPODs. I preffer Sony PSP.

Worst expensive name brand rip offs: Beats By Dr. Dre, Bose, Sony MDR-V700DJ

All wireless headphones are horrible.

All Skullcandy.

All headphones with fancy pants packaging!   (way too tinnywwwwwww 

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #49 of 1,786

Quote:
All Skullcandy.

All headphones with fancy pants packaging!   (way too tinnywwwwwww 

Have you listened to a pair of Aviators? Ok, they should not be selling for $250AUD down here but I
was pleasantly surprised when I paired them with my ishuffle at a meet. Nothing spectacular, but
they seemed fairly clear and coherent given all the scorn that SkullCandy reaps.

Construction on the other hand was very troublesome - that cable makes an ibud lead look thick
in comparison and they just look very cheap. Strange really, that SkullCandy are meant to be all
about street fashion but in this case they sound better than they look.

Sep 16, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #51 of 1,786
Sep 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #52 of 1,786
Needed a pair of headphones at work
the audio out of my computer was to far for my IEMs
Had to borrow the headphones of the guy next to me which had a long cord
He had some cheap headphones i think the brand was of a local electric store chain
Those were definitely weren't made for music. all you can hear is the mids.
On the other hand i only needed them to listen to an interview so that kinda worked out fine.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #53 of 1,786
These cheap Sennheiser sport ear buds that I got for $ 50 bucks at best buy.  The treble was soo harsh I couldnt keep them in my ears for more than 20 seconds at a very low volume without my ears hurting. I even let them burn in even though I doubted it would do anything and they still were very harsh.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #54 of 1,786
The Sennheisers they put on me when I had my MRI where pretty crappy.

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #58 of 1,786

Quote:
Grado/Allesandro MS1i.  

It just did not gel with my musical tastes.

hey man, I hate you with a passion. ok?!!

Quote:
Have you listened to a pair of Aviators? Ok, they should not be selling for $250AUD down here but I
was pleasantly surprised when I paired them with my ishuffle at a meet. Nothing spectacular, but
they seemed fairly clear and coherent given all the scorn that SkullCandy reaps.

Construction on the other hand was very troublesome - that cable makes an ibud lead look thick
in comparison and they just look very cheap. Strange really, that SkullCandy are meant to be all
about street fashion but in this case they sound better than they look.

so they went from crap to overpriced crap? yay for upgrades!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back