worst date stories
Aug 17, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,411 of 1,450
I'd give you a high five... but we all know where that hand has been
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #1,413 of 1,450
No new stories here either. I'm now actually engaged, so I guess I'm gonna have little to offer unless something goes drastically wrong :frowning:

While usually not as amusing as dates when you're single, there's always potential for disaster when two people go out for a "date".

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #1,415 of 1,450
I do have a new story! Sort of...

First girlfriend lasted about a month and a half, turns out she's literally (yes, literally) insane and while she was quite nice on the outside, it appears behind the scenes she was doing some not-so-nice stuff.

HOWEVER

I did meet a girl on a summer trip this year who is great, we've been texting, and I'm hoping things might turn out well!

Edit: This new girl has great music taste, but she does have Beats though, so I don't know, might not be an option 
biggrin.gif
 kidding

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #1,416 of 1,450

First girlfriend lasted about a month and a half, turns out she's literally (yes, literally) insane and while she was quite nice on the outside, it appears behind the scenes she was doing some not-so-nice stuff.

HOWEVER

I did meet a girl on a summer trip this year who is great, we've been texting, and I'm hoping things might turn out well!
Good luck dude!

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #1,418 of 1,450
I remember I sold my W5000 last year to have money to take a girl out on a date (and pay some bills but that's not relevant to the story). It was a girl I'd admired from afar since my freshman year and we'd ended up being in a class together and talked a little more. I mustered the courage to ask her on a date because she seemed really interested and it was easily the worst date I'd ever been on.

I'd planned to take her to the harbor to talk and get dinner at the North End. We had nothing in common, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but this girl had nothing to talk about past small talk and responded with one-two word answers whenever I told her stories or tried to get her to talk. It didn't seem like she wasn't interested, but it did seem like she was struggling to make it work out. I learned later that she'd never been on a date before then which explained the awkwardness but I couldn't get myself to take her out again.

I really miss that W5000.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,419 of 1,450
  I remember I sold my W5000 last year to have money to take a girl out on a date (and pay some bills but that's not relevant to the story). It was a girl I'd admired from afar since my freshman year and we'd ended up being in a class together and talked a little more. I mustered the courage to ask her on a date because she seemed really interested and it was easily the worst date I'd ever been on.

I'd planned to take her to the harbor to talk and get dinner at the North End. We had nothing in common, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but this girl had nothing to talk about past small talk and responded with one-two word answers whenever I told her stories or tried to get her to talk. It didn't seem like she wasn't interested, but it did seem like she was struggling to make it work out. I learned later that she'd never been on a date before then which explained the awkwardness but I couldn't get myself to take her out again.

I worked for a couple months to get enough money to pay for prom; my suit, my ticket (and part of hers... all non-refundable), etc., which the person from my last post had asked me to (she was a Junior, so she had to ask me, I was a Sophomore). She broke up with me over Skype a couple days before prom.

I was mad, not because she broke up with me, but because of the way she did it and her actions before and during prom. I'm not mad anymore, I try not to hold grudges, but I really would've liked to use that money for some audio gear I wanted...

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #1,420 of 1,450

Edit: This new girl has great music taste, but she does have Beats though, so I don't know, might not be an option 
biggrin.gif
 kidding

The Beats issue can be easily remedied. Bad musical tastes.....no.

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,421 of 1,450

I went out with a super shy girl once. I couldn't get any words out of her, so I was kind of talking to myself and trying to find *anything* in common. Somewhere in my rambling I mentioned that I'd always wanted to try skydiving. She perked up ever so briefly and said she'd been wanting to try that too. Ok, I'd actually been trying to book a trip out there a few times that summer but the weather never cooperated. That day happened to be a nice clear day... so impulse skydiving first date it was!

Super quiet on the car ride out of town. Super quiet on the plane ride up. Super quiet on the drive back to town. To this day she doesn't even remember jumping
ph34r.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,422 of 1,450
She was a stupendously bright girl. One of the few times she lit up was when she talked about her research at Harvard but I think it was her downfall. She didn't seem to have very many normal experiences because she's been so work-focused her entire life. Should have tried the skydiving bit though.

But I can't really complain; I've been dating a really great girl who's actually interested in a couple of my hobbies. She steals my LCD-2 once in a while.

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #1,423 of 1,450
Ah the research types... not that I'm one to talk as I'm in the same boat... but yeah sometimes the hyper focus means they lose the ability to talk about other "normal" things.

I went out a couple times with one girl in grad school. Nice person overall, but she spent the entire date talking about fish bones.

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #1,425 of 1,450

HOWEVER

biggrin.gif
 kidding

The Beats part is actually great - you get to introduce her to the whole new world of audiophilia, and she'll love you for it!
...at least that's how it's supposed to go, in theory.

Ugh I totally get it... there is one girl I know who I find incredibly attractive, at least physically, but we have absolutely no chemistry personality-wise. We have nothing to talk about other than small talk about work etc. Why is it so hard to find someone??? It's hard enough to find a girl I find attractive, but finding one who has the personality to match is downright impossible.

I went out with a super shy girl once. I couldn't get any words out of her, so I was kind of talking to myself and trying to find *anything* in common. Somewhere in my rambling I mentioned that I'd always wanted to try skydiving. She perked up ever so briefly and said she'd been wanting to try that too. Ok, I'd actually been trying to book a trip out there a few times that summer but the weather never cooperated. That day happened to be a nice clear day... so impulse skydiving first date it was!

Super quiet on the car ride out of town. Super quiet on the plane ride up. Super quiet on the drive back to town. To this day she doesn't even remember jumping
ph34r.gif

How does one forget about something like skydiving??? You'd think it'd be one of the most memorable experiences in life... unless she was scared ****less and lost consciousness or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back