Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread
Sep 24, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #91 of 218
Yes, that tabs on front are glued. You'll need to work those off with a small flathead or something similar. Check page 1 of this thread for instructions.
Can someone tell me how to remove the driver from the PX100? It looks like it's glued on but I can't tell and don't want to break anything.

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #93 of 218
  Teaser pic, review coming tonight.

I'm wondering if you're from Alaska where the nights are six months long? 
smile.gif

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #94 of 218

I'm wondering if you're from Alaska where the nights are six months long? 
smile.gif

Nope, haha I'm from Iowa. Sorry for the delay everyone, my internet actually went down the night of the review. I wanted to relisten before finally posting, but it is now up!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-grado-hybrid-a-k-a-senngrado/reviews/11629

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #96 of 218
I'm interested in the SennGrado and have just ordered a pair of wooden cups to give it a try using my old Grado SR60's. I also have an old pair of Sennheiser PX100's which I can sacrifice for their drivers. Will they work for the SennGrado mod, or are the PX100 ii drivers necessary? Has anyone tried them?

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #97 of 218
  I'm interested in the SennGrado and have just ordered a pair of wooden cups to give it a try using my old Grado SR60's. I also have an old pair of Sennheiser PX100's which I can sacrifice for their drivers. Will they work for the SennGrado mod, or are the PX100 ii drivers necessary? Has anyone tried them?

Thanks!

I believe wje tried the old PX100 drivers in the beginning and found them slightly different, darker if I remember correctly?

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #100 of 218
Apologize if this has been mentioned but has anyone tried dampening the driver with dynamat or anything else with a positive change?

I was thinking of gently placing toothpicks in the driver vents (to keep them clear) and then applying clay to the entire rear - thought about it when I saw the driver, but not sure how well this would work out.

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #102 of 218
  Someone mentioned doing this in the non grado driver thread, they said they had good results. 

Yar, my D2k sounded a touch better with some dampening on it's driver

also... I think I was on this tour right, so still looking forward to getting to hear these bad bois :3 

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #104 of 218

I like that.

The bad bois are in for a pit stop right now.

I had heard

hope everythings all right with em! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back