WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Feb 16, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #151 of 2,601
Quote:
I do not know much about amps/dac but this piece does look very nice. Would it go well with the Ed8 (or TH900 under my radar but waiting approval from the SO)?

From what I read here on head-fi, the Ed8 is similar to the SigPro, with the SigPro having the edge, i find the WA7 paired with the SigPro nothing short of amazing.

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #152 of 2,601
Thanks belisk, this is good (and bad) to know. Good because I love the look of this dac/amp but bad because I like it AND I have a SO. 
redface.gif
 I can't complain though since she covers most of the bills now that I've made a career change.
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #153 of 2,601
Quote:
realised there was a jarcar near the office, bought a digital thermometer on the way back. i will report here the final results. all the detailed monitoring data will be posted on my own thread. 

Just caught up on your temps thread, GREAT to hear there was no issue!!! Those temps are actually very low and roughly the same as mine here in Melbourne. How are you finding the amp?

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #154 of 2,601
FYI my review with the PanAm is up: http://www.head-fi.org/t/651556/a-tale-of-two-tube-amps-the-woo-audio-wa7-and-alo-audio-panam

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #155 of 2,601
I have finally put my hands on the WA7 and am happy to report that it has been running for several hours without showing any signs of overheating or any other concerns.

My initial impressions with the T5p are promising: the sound is very spacious, subtle and detailed. Bass is quite punchy while trebles and mids show no sign of harshness. I don't recall hearing them sound any better 
beyersmile.png

I'll stop on this, since we have already had a couple of very good reviews - thanks mrbigsby and Currawong!

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #157 of 2,601
Quote:
I have finally put my hands on the WA7 and am happy to report that it has been running for several hours without showing any signs of overheating or any other concerns.

My initial impressions with the T5p are promising: the sound is very spacious, subtle and detailed. Bass is quite punchy while trebles and mids show no sign of harshness. I don't recall hearing them sound any better 
beyersmile.png

I'll stop on this, since we have already had a couple of very good reviews - thanks mrbigsby and Currawong!

Highly recommend the EH tubes. Great to hear your enjoying the amp, im still wrapped with it! Just got my hands on a new TV and the first half of my Blumenstein Audio bamboo speaker system running through my miniwatt N3 tube amp for now, and im still listening to the WA7 more! Its just a killer bit of kit- and its looks certainly dont hurt it.

Quote:
very happy with it now, but dont have much time. will fly out to HI tomorrow and return next month. 

Sounds like a pretty demanding job!

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #161 of 2,601
So you want better performance from something you haven't heard?  OK.

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #162 of 2,601
Quote:
I love the look of this amp, but I feel like I would only use it for an office setting. I would like a better performance set up for home use.

You're implying you'd accept inferior sound at the office?

I want good sound every where I listen, and I more than expect this combo will live up to that.

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #163 of 2,601

Just got mines today, it seems like the changed the tiny square cutout for the headphone jacks as it is now missing from the amplifier. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #165 of 2,601
Quote:
Thats interesting, how do you like the sound>?

Definitely a step up from the Asgard and the HRT Music Streamer ii. But still need some more time to really get a feel for this amplifier. The tube sound is definitely something I enjoy though over solid state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back