WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Feb 28, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #1,096 of 2,600
This is what was inside. Seems like a piece of glue or something. No big deal. Probably got knocked off during transport. I ordered this other key, but I doubt it's the right one. It doesn't look like it matches exactly. Anyway, we shall see when it comes in. If it works, I'm getting in! I'm also missing 3 out of 4 slip pads. I emailed Jack to buy some more. Hopefully I can. If anyone is not using theirs, I'll buy them. I'll do some comparisons with the Mjolnir and the WA6 tomorrow. I'll try the LCD-X, HD650 and K701 on it.

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #1,098 of 2,600
Yeah, no wonder nobody has posted these, yet. This 7 point torx is apparently made by one company and used for CATV boxes. I think I'll find golden coins inside the WA7.

Feb 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #1,099 of 2,600
  Just wondering if anybody could offer a comparison between T1 and T90 with WA7?

Thanks in advance for any input!

There are comparisons of the T1 and T90 in the T90 thread.
I have both and the WA7. The T1 has a somewhat better sound stage, is a little more refined in presentation, a little less prominent on the highs. I am keeping both as they each have their respective sonic signatures which I appreciate. If I was forced to keep only one, it would be the T90. The T90 works well with my ears and spends a lot of time on my head, with the HD800 a close second behind it. Then the T1 and occasionally the HE-500. But that is for my ears. Others would rank differently. Your best bet is to hear candidate cans at a meet if possible and decide for yourself.

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #1,100 of 2,600
Hi,

I connect notebook to WA7, there are a lot of output options in Jriver

1. ASIO for C-Media USB Device, it play the song but show 24/96 input to 16/96 output

2. TUSB Audio ASIO Driver, not play song, show error message "Play back could not be started on output ASIO using the format 96kHz-2ch"

3.WASAPI, not play, show same error text

4. Direct Sound, play song with correct input/output details (in = 24/96, out = 24/96)

5. USB 2.0 High Speed True HD Stereo (Direct Sound), play song but some time show (in = 24/96, out = 24/96), some time show (in = 24/96, out =32/96).

Please kindly suggest which option will have the best sound. My notebook use Windows 8.1. My Headphones are ATH-W1000, ATH-W5000 and ATH-ESW11LTD

Thanks

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,102 of 2,600
  There are comparisons of the T1 and T90 in the T90 thread.
I have both and the WA7. The T1 has a somewhat better sound stage, is a little more refined in presentation, a little less prominent on the highs. I am keeping both as they each have their respective sonic signatures which I appreciate. If I was forced to keep only one, it would be the T90. The T90 works well with my ears and spends a lot of time on my head, with the HD800 a close second behind it. Then the T1 and occasionally the HE-500. But that is for my ears. Others would rank differently. Your best bet is to hear candidate cans at a meet if possible and decide for yourself.

Thanks for the advice atomicbob. Unfortunately (or fortunately), impatience got the better of me, and I've acquired the T1 since that original post. I have to say that my noob audiophile ears hear differently to yours. I favour the T1s on the WA7 quite alot more than the T90. To my ears, the T1+WA7 combo is better in nearly all aspects, so much so that I can't go back to the T90+WA7 anymore. The only areas where I think the T90+WA7 bests the T1+WA7 is in bass slam and airiness.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,103 of 2,600
Woo Audio just posted a picture of their upcoming WA7 PSU on their Facebook page.

So what is expected or the benefit of this new PSU with regards to WA7?

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #1,105 of 2,600
Thanks for the advice atomicbob. Unfortunately (or fortunately), impatience got the better of me, and I've acquired the T1 since that original post. I have to say that my noob audiophile ears hear differently to yours. I favour the T1s on the WA7 quite alot more than the T90. To my ears, the T1+WA7 combo is better in nearly all aspects, so much so that I can't go back to the T90+WA7 anymore. The only areas where I think the T90+WA7 bests the T1+WA7 is in bass slam and airiness.

Well there you go. Exactly why all the writings and descriptions are only somewhat useful as a guide, but it is so important to hear for oneself. Personal preference combined with how different are our ears (Human Auditory System) will result in different experiences with any particular headphone.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #1,106 of 2,600

Haven't heard it yet so I can't say.  It's just a pic they posted on FB.  

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #1,107 of 2,600

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/show-report-canjam-at-rocky-mountain-audio-fest-2013-part-2/?page=9

Also found this mentioned on another thread here from canjam:

"The power supply is all tube regulated. It had 2 12AU7 in there and they were stock tubes. The sound quality when I AB the stock solid state supply and the Tube were like when  Simon switched from the solid state to the Tube supply. The sound stage expanded vboth in front and back and side to side wothh. More air and seperation in instruments and the transparency if you can believe, stepped up another class. I highly recommend ordering the supply for 300.00, it is well worth the money and imagine the tube rolling you can do. I for one would use RCA clear tops which ar elike 25.00 each. "

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #1,108 of 2,600
i wish someone can comment on the EH tubes with the new PSU.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #1,110 of 2,600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back