WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Jan 6, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #2,282 of 2,601
HI guys,

So what you think which Woo model can handle T1 well ? Pls dont tell me the Woo top end models. Price range around WA7tp will be best with amp/dac.....

WA6-SE with Sophia 274B upgrade tube would sing with T1. You should get a good DAC for computer music playback.

http://wooaudio.com/products/wa6se.html

Meridian Direct DAC is a great choice for only $379 now.

http://amzn.to/2iOIb8p

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #2,285 of 2,601
Jan 6, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #2,287 of 2,601
This may be a silly question (I'm fairly new to the technical aspects of headphones and headphone amps), but I'm hoping someone can help since I've searched around quite a bit and couldn't find something that touched on this precisely.

Is the Woo WA7 w/ WA7tp powerful enough to drive the Audeze LCD-2 headphone to full capability/performance? I understand that the optimal power range for the LCD-2 as specified by Audeze is 1-4W (and they're a 70 ohms impedance headphone). The WA7 is specified to have a max output of 1W @ 32 ohms. So, I'm curious if the WA7 is enough to feed the power hungry LCD-2, especially since the WA7 is beautiful and I'd love to have it.

Not to it's potential.  I have an X, XC, and T1 and WA7/tp and while it drives the X and XC respectably it loses something on the T1s.  

I had been using my LCD 2.2 phones with my WA7 / tp combo and had been quite happy. When I acquired my Burson V2+, however, it became appparent that the Audezes were more capable than the Woo was able to demonstrate. There was ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with the Woo / Audeze combo, but if you are after "optimal" I think there a few products out there that might be worth looking at. P.S. I still LOVE the WA7; it receives, by far, the most play time of any of my equipment.[/quote

well since the WA7 is always plugged in with the LCDs I leave it on Lo.  It would need to be on Hi for the T1 but they don't get much head time to be honest.  Certainly the WA7 is a bit weak to properly drive the T1 but in my opinion the T1 is also at fault here.  It just can compare to the overall sound balance and drive of the LCDs.  In my opinion modern headphones that require a powerful amp to sound good just aren't worth it when there are so many amazing sounding and efficient cans like the X/XC available.  In other words if you need an amp with more then 1 watts chances are you would be better off switching cans instead.

beware of those headphones people say sound amazing if only you had a more powerful amp like the hifimans etc.  it's mostly bs in my experience.

Hi guys ,

So have anyone try the audeze dackard , meridian prime n Burson v2+? Compare with w7tp n w6se? If pair with T1 n XC?

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #2,288 of 2,601

WA6-SE with Sophia 274B upgrade tube would sing with T1. You should get a good DAC for computer music playback.

http://wooaudio.com/products/wa6se.html

Meridian Direct DAC is a great choice for only $379 now.

http://amzn.to/2iOIb8p

fully agree with this recommendation.  the WA6-SE is an amazing sounding amp that is almost perfectly impedance matched for the T1.

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #2,294 of 2,601
Sure, that would be a great pairing too.  Quite a bit pricier but gives you more headroom and the option for balanced.

Hi ,

What is headroom mean? Sorry I guess I still have much to learn from you guys :p

I have LCD XC n beyerdynamic T1.1 pairing with my WA7tp n centrance m8 for traveling. I m thinking to get one more headphone. Maybe more portable for traveling like on the plane I m thinking for LCD 2 or X , or hifiman he560 or edition x , or sennheiser hd800 or fostex fd900.....

Any good advise for me ? Make sure can pair well with my WA7tp n m8. :)

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #2,295 of 2,601
As a casual audiophile and gamer, I'm wondering if it's possible to connect a headphone (fidelio x2) with a mod-mic to the WA7 and be able to use the inline mic?
Also any gamers have experience using this amp while in game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back