Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #361 of 1,118
That's a great pic...thanks for sharing your experience!

biggrin.gif

HS

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #362 of 1,118
Hey guys I need your help!

I've been loving my wa7 + wa7tp for a few months now but yesterday I tried to turn it on via the big button on the tp (i always have the switch on the wa7 up) and it went on for a sec before it died.
thirst thing i thought was going on was that a fuse popped (happened before) so i switched out the fuse to a working one and still no life in my wa7 and wa7tp.

after that i tried to connect my solid state psu to my wa7 instead of my wa7tp and still, no life to be seen.
The orange light on the solid state psu wouldnt even turn on.

does anyone have any idea whats wrong? or do i need to send on or both in for repairs? :frowning2:

thnx in advance guys.

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #368 of 1,118

Tube Depot offers so many additional options for the Clear Tops -- I haven't a clue which ones are worth paying for, aside from "matching" the tubes. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks!

Being the "tube noob" that I am, I took all of the options thinking I would get "better" tubes as a result.  It was a completely uninformed decision. I may have simply wasted some money.  I'm curious to know if the other options really make a difference.

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #369 of 1,118

Being the "tube noob" that I am, I took all of the options thinking I would get "better" tubes as a result.  It was a completely uninformed decision. I may have simply wasted some money.  I'm curious to know if the other options really make a difference.

Price-wise, the options don't add much to the overall cost -- I'm more concerned that some of these extra options might actually prove detrimental to the sound quality..

Edit: I guess this is why it's easier to just buy 'em from Woo, lol

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #371 of 1,118
I received my pair of NOS RCA clear tops yesterday and have been running burn-in on the tubes. Early impressions are very positive. I'll comment more once they have enough hours on them, but I so far I'm finding them superior to the Sylvania JAN's. 

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #372 of 1,118
  I received my pair of NOS RCA clear tops yesterday and have been running burn-in on the tubes. Early impressions are very positive. I'll comment more once they have enough hours on them, but I so far I'm finding them superior to the Sylvania JAN's. 

Wow - that's good to hear!  I thought that the Sylvania's were good - so that's great if the Clear Tops are even better.

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #375 of 1,118

Do you feel you've sacrificed anything regarding bass with the RCAs?  One thing I really appreciated about the JANs was the bass improvement they delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back