Woo Audio WA-8
Jan 15, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #526 of 838
With the new HUGO V2, the WA8 has new a serious competitor.  

IF the HUGO V2 sound quality is on par with the WA8, then it's 14 hours battery life will be a big plus Versus the 4 hours of the WA8.  

I am eager to get some listening comparaison between HUGO V2 and WA8.

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #527 of 838

IF the HUGO V2 sound quality is on par with the WA8, then it's 14 hours battery life will be a big plus Versus the 4 hours of the WA8.  

I am wondering as well, I saw the Hugo V2 on the Chord site.  I was trying to narrow this choice down, argh...  Just out of curiosty what is this WA8 sitting on in this post? https://www.instagram.com/p/BI6ErcNAUo4/ Is this a specialized cooler or a coaster, LOL? I'm really longing to have that warm sound I remember that tube amps have.

--Chris

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #528 of 838

Rest assure that there is no need for a WA8 Eclipse v2 anytime soon. 
biggrin.gif

I am wondering as well, I saw the Hugo V2 on the Chord site.  I was trying to narrow this choice down, argh...  Just out of curiosty what is this WA8 sitting on in this post? https://www.instagram.com/p/BI6ErcNAUo4/ Is this a specialized cooler or a coaster, LOL? I'm really longing to have that warm sound I remember that tube amps have.

--Chris

http://avisolation.com/nimbus-system/

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #529 of 838

Rest assure that there is no need for a WA8 Eclipse v2 anytime soon. 
biggrin.gif

except for battery life 
wink.gif
   Doubling it for a small weight increase will be very welcome.....

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #530 of 838
  I took a look on Amazon and didn't see an OTG micro-b to USB-B cable.  Was looking for a single cable solution. Thanks! Do you know if I can splice out the power wires to create a way to charge my phone or do the power wires still need to reach the WA8 along with the two data wires for OTG to work?

Reach out to Kimber Kable for a custom OTG to USB-B cable.  

https://www.kimber.com/support/contact 

support@kimber.com

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #531 of 838
I've owned the original Chord Hugo for quite some time and think it's amazing (also own the Mojo, and while it's a great device/value, it can't compare to the Hugo in terms immersive soundstage and quality of sound). Now there's a V2?? Can somebody tell me what features it offers vs the original Hugo?

PS: It also happens that I ordered the WA8; it's arriving today and I feel like a kid on Christmas day. Am I a gazillionaire since I own all 3? Not by a long shot, just flat-out nuts when it comes to audio, hehe. I'm looking to have the WA8 as my replacement Mac desktop unit (vs my Audeze Deckard, which somehow never floated my boat). Hope I made a good move.

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #532 of 838
  I've owned the original Chord Hugo for quite some time and think it's amazing (also own the Mojo, and while it's a great device/value, it can't compare to the Hugo in terms immersive soundstage and quality of sound). Now there's a V2?? Can somebody tell me what features it offers vs the original Hugo?

PS: It also happens that I ordered the WA8; it's arriving today and I feel like a kid on Christmas day. Am I a gazillionaire since I own all 3? Not by a long shot, just flat-out nuts when it comes to audio, hehe. I'm looking to have the WA8 as my replacement Mac desktop unit (vs my Audeze Deckard, which somehow never floated my boat). Hope I made a good move.

I look forward to you posting how the Hugo compares to the WA8.

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #533 of 838
Jan 20, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #534 of 838

We look forward to your findings after 150–200 hrs. of initial break-in. Be sure to post some pics. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #535 of 838
Will do.

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #536 of 838
Just placed my order for a black WA8, I can't wait!

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #537 of 838
  Just placed my order for a black WA8, I can't wait!

Congrats! I just received mine (personal purchase/use). I think black looks great. Makes the tubes stand out. Need to break-in mine for about 200 hrs. 

Be sure to post pics of your system when you get it. Here's a quick pic of my work desk.

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #538 of 838
A perfect Sunday mornig for an audio geek's wake-up: WA8, Ether Flows, Audirvana Plus, and a mug of latte with 4 shots. Haha. Ayway, received my WA8 a couple of days ago. More burn-in time needed, but lovin' the sound so far. It's the first tube amp I've ever owned... was afraid it would be too dark sounding but that's not the case at all. It LOVES my Ether Flow headphones! Will report back after more burn-in.

(PS: I just updated the items listed in my signature... I didn't realize how outdated they were.)

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #539 of 838
Just out of curiosity why not USB 3.0?

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #540 of 838
It's here, it's here its here! 
biggrin.gif

First thing I noticed right off the bat was how heavy the FedEx box was. I took some pictures while I opened the box and set it up.  I hooked up charger and left it on until it thoroughly warmed up.  I started in 2 tube mode and my initial impression was, uh sounds very good but where is that sound???  Then I powered it off, switched to 3 tube mode then Oh My!!! The sound of the unit sends chills down your spine...  I will try and post some pictures and attempt a detailed review.

Question right my battery is draining while listening plugged into 120v power. I have a green light on the AC to DC charger. Is this supposed to happen? When unit is turned off LED on charger is also off. I checked charger with multi-tester and I have 12v DC.

EDIT: My battery drained and unit shut off, no LED on WA8 are illuminating when connected to charger

--Chris

P.S. Thanks to Woo Audio I now have 12 Pelican cases, LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back