Woo Audio 6 for Senn HD650 ??
Nov 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Ozer

100+ Head-Fier
Just a simple question.... I've been planning on buying Woo Audio 6 for my Grado RS2's, but I'm now changing for Sennheiser HD650.... Should I still buy Woo Audio 6 ?? It would be good, cause I like the look of it and the company
tongue.gif
If you don't think I should buy it, please tell me what amp you think I should buy....

It should be a tube amp for max 600$ It should not be too bright and be good for the music: Paramore, Kings Of Leon, Green Day, Linkin Park, Bloc Party etc....

Nov 13, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 12
Great choice, I really love mine and use almost every night, check my opinion via link under my sig ...

Edit: BTW Jack Wu is a stand up guy and Woo Audio makes classy clean well made amps that look great and sound great. BTW mines over a year old, with hundreds ++ of hours on it and it still rocks, haven’t changed my mind about its performance since I first got it.

Nov 14, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #4 of 12
Its close to a perfect match I'd say. The best I heard the HD650 was when it was powered by the Zana Deux. The WA6 (maxed) gets real close imo. I'm with OutdoorXplorer; stretching your wallet to get the SE version will be more than worth it.

Nov 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 12
Yes a WA6 SE would be great.... But it's too much money :/ That's more than 400$ more expensive.... For the price WA6 costs, isn't that combo good ?? You only answered that the SE version would be perfect.... But will the WA6 be a good choice ??

If I buy Woo Audio 6 with these two upgrades will it be good ? :

Power supply upgrade:
Pseudo Dual power supply (PDPS)

Drive/Power tube replacement:
1 matched pair 6DE7 (2 pcs)

Can somebody please explain what these upgrades do ?
tongue.gif
Is it going to make a big difference ?? I thought the Rectifier tube upgrade was too expensive... So I will only upgrade these two....

Nov 14, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would get the PDPS upgrade

the second one is just a set of spare tubes...

and yes.. wa6 + sennheiser/grado = amazing synergy

Oh, just a set of spare tubes.....
tongue.gif

I will get the PDPS upgrade... I will maybe even get the "Sophia Princess Mesh Plate 274B" (Rectifier tube upgrade).... Have read on the forum by many people that it's worth the money for that upgrade....

Nov 15, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #8 of 12
The Woo WA6 is a perfect match for the HD650's. Been using this combo for a year and a half and I'm still in love.

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, thanks ! Now I'm sure I'll buy WA6 (maybe even maxed out)....

Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it as much as we do
smily_headphones1.gif
and as far as all the others recommending up'ing to the SE, remember this is head-fi and hold on to your wallet
tongue.gif

Nov 15, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #12 of 12
I'm sure the SE is a nice upgrade from the standard model, but I still prefer the single chassis design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back