Woo Audio 2 vs. Zana Deux?
Feb 20, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #62 of 88
Good luck Kev, glad u got a decision. By the way, I saw mentioned earlier in this thead abt the AD2000, I heard it on my Zana Deux when I picked it up from Craig & he mentioned it sounded better than the hd600s and indeed it did. I was surprised.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #64 of 88
I wonder if Craig would make a special order of the Zana Deux? I would love to see the top plate polished with flathead screws countersunk flush and even with the surface. Forgive me, I am an artist and can get anal about things.

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #65 of 88
Yeah, I do believe Craig probably will accomodate you. I heard he built a balanced Zana for Head-fi member dreamcomposer, which basically consisted of two separate Zana Deuxes... So I don't see why he couldn't do something to cater to your aesthetic appeal.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/e...8/index36.html

I'm pretty much settled on it, especially hearing about its synergy with Senns. I'm sure the HD800s will sound mindblowing with it.

Time to start putting away my hundred dollars each month.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #66 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck Kev, glad u got a decision. By the way, I saw mentioned earlier in this thead abt the AD2000, I heard it on my Zana Deux when I picked it up from Craig & he mentioned it sounded better than the hd600s and indeed it did. I was surprised.

I heard the tried the AD2000 and a whole bunch of cans with Zana. It's definitely one of the best. Opinions on sonics are subjective but a few other guys with me concurred too. The PS1 sounded great too, but not the GS1000.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #67 of 88
Ya i could'nt believe it when i switched to the hd600s, what at let down after hearing the AD2000s. I am preorded on the 800s but i tell you if i see any used AD2000s around, i think i will have to jump. Don't know what i will do with my hd650s but i think the signiture of the 800s will be different enough not to duplicate them, and the Senns with the Zana are awesome even if the AD2000s seemed to outperform them in a quick listen. On a side note i have on my DX1000s now with the Zana because i am listening to MOE and they have incred bass for it. So Zana works with many just not all.

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #68 of 88
Is the AD2000 a headphone that puts the vocals up front? My main problems with the Sennsright now is that the vocals dont take prominance over the instruments. It also seems like the background singers can be louder than the main singer. I fee this headphone is TOO balanced for my liking at times.

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #69 of 88
Don't mean to be rude, but I don't understand why you are deciding what you are going to save for? By 2011 or whenever you will be ready to purchase I'm sure there will be some new interesting products around...Making a decision of what you are saving for? or are you getting a loan?

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #70 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't mean to be rude, but I don't understand why you are deciding what you are going to save for? By 2011 or whenever you will be ready to purchase I'm sure there will be some new interesting products around...Making a decision of what you are saving for? or are you getting a loan?

Ha, not with the way the stock market looked today...

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #71 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevM2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the AD2000 a headphone that puts the vocals up front? My main problems with the Sennsright now is that the vocals dont take prominance over the instruments. It also seems like the background singers can be louder than the main singer. I fee this headphone is TOO balanced for my liking at times.

Yes, the AD2000 has a very forward midrange compared to the Senn HD650 (haven't heard the HD600).

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #72 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevM2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My brief impression was that it was clearer, yes the midrange was better, but everything was more there. I guess that is what they talk about with the veil thing. I have never really noticed the veil and love my 650s esp now with the Zana but i have to say that abx with those darn things made me think twice.

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #73 of 88
There's a coupla picts of the set.

IMG_3310-1-1.jpg

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #75 of 88
^^^ Thanks dallan for the pictures. That Zana is very nice! I want!

Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Zana Deux is something to shoot for. I am a starving artist and I pinch and save my pennies, so you are right, it might not be until 2011 that I could afford the Zana and by then something else better may come along. The situation can turn on a dime however. Every once in a while I will sell a painting for a lot of money and if that happens, I want to be prepared to pounce on a Zana Deux, custom-made if possible. I do have one eye on a Woo Audio 5 also. The Audio 2 would've been the reasonable choice, but to heck with being reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back