WIRELESS PORTABLE AMPS: Are there any wireless amps or can I use an amp I already have wirelessly?
Jan 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AUDIOBREEDER

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there any way I can listen to the music coming out of an amp wirelessly? So that I can leave the rig stationary & walk about the house with wireless earphone/headphones.

All I can see is this
http://www.rockethub.com/projects/6392-wireless-headphone-amp

It looks really neat, but dont know much about this.

Thanks

Edit
Well I just saw (from the above website) that it does only wireless charging and dont understand where the wireless is when he's using wired IEM

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 8
Tape the amp to the headphones and get a wireless adapter from your Player DAC to the amp?

The is no way for the amps signal to be wireless what ever you have connected to the headphone needs to be powered, wireless can only transfer information not power

I would suggest to you wireless headphones like the UE9000's but the sound wont be as good as using a wire, but like I said you could wirelessly transfer sound from the player to the amp but not with bluetooth, you would need something like a musician quality wireless rig.

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks Swimsonny, that's what I'm looking for.

But the price $995 (preorder save $100) + $40 for shipping + who knows what for customs, is not for me right now.

Is this something new, the wireless / bluetooth technology on amp / dac?

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 8
Honestly I don't want to be "that guy" but that sounds like a stupid waist of money, why would you have a DAC and an amp only to send the info threw crappy bluetooth compression to get re-amped to power the headphone?

I'm not one of them audiophiles condemning bluetooth, its perfectly fine for casual listening but I wouldn't ever bother with an amp/DAC on it unless you just needed it louder, but if you amped it before sending it wirelessly it wont do any good you would need another amp connected to the headphones.

That is why I would just go for the UE9000's

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Honestly I don't want to be "that guy" but that sounds like a stupid waist of money, why would you have a DAC and an amp only to send the info threw crappy bluetooth compression to get re-amped to power the headphone?

I'm not one of them audiophiles condemning bluetooth, its perfectly fine for casual listening but I wouldn't ever bother with an amp/DAC on it unless you just needed it louder, but if you amped it before sending it wirelessly it wont do any good you would need another amp connected to the headphones.

That is why I would just go for the UE9000's

I think its a neat idea to have a dac / amp that sends wirelessly / bluetooth to your headphones / IEM placing it in a bag and having a remote to control play, FF etc.

But I'm looking for something in the $200-$300 range. But since its new, we'll have to wait and see. One company thought of it.

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
I think its a neat idea to have a dac / amp that sends wirelessly / bluetooth to your headphones / IEM placing it in a bag and having a remote to control play, FF etc.

But I'm looking for something in the $200-$300 range. But since its new, we'll have to wait and see. One company thought of it.

But what I'm saying is that the amp is useless just have the bluetooth send the signal out from the dac to the headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back