Windows vs Mac

Which desktop OS do you use on your personal machine?

• Windows

• Mac

• Linux

• Chrome OS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 28, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #46 of 55
The time of switching from Windows to Mac was hell, but I already had few Apple devices and wanted to have everything connected - after a week or so I got the gist of how it works and now I'll never look back

Dec 29, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #47 of 55
The time of switching from Windows to Mac was hell, but I already had few Apple devices and wanted to have everything connected - after a week or so I got the gist of how it works and now I'll never look back

I'm in a similar boat. I posted a year ago in this thread about how I had been a long-time Mac user who defected to Windows, but with the arrival of the M2 Mac mini, I defected (refected?) back. I said in that prior post that if anything sent me back, it would probably be photo management, and wow, was that ever true. It was kind of astonishing. All my photos were still up in iCloud after 2+ years in Windows, and when I signed into my new Mac, everything just synchronized and was back exactly the way I liked it, complete with the photos I'd taken since. I had spent those 2+ years in Windows trying to organize my photos and get a work flow going in many different apps, and I hated all of them. Getting a new Mac fixed the problem in literally minutes. Blew me away.

I had gotten used to headphone listening with Equalizer APO on Windows, but I find I like eqMac even better. (SoundSource is supposed to be good, too, but I haven't tried it in years. I wholeheartedly endorse eqMac and paid for a lifetime license.)

I still have my nitpicks, but yeah, I'm back on the Mac now, and I don't think I'll be looking back, either.

Dec 29, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #48 of 55
I was windows until vista
One afternoon I was Bidding on a painting via my laptop running vista and it crashed
Got a Mac the next day and I never had that problem again

Feb 13, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #52 of 55
Which camp are you in? Are you completely happy or would you consider switching?

That's what I did a fortnight ago, purchasing my first Mac after decades of using Windows. The initial learning curve wasn't terribly steep since the differences between OS'es (coming from Win10) aren't as dramatic as they once were. Now neck-deep in the Apple ecosystem, I don't see myself going back.
I think building a fanbase on social media https://www.heyday.net/blog/how-to-build-a-fanbase-on-social-media-heyday-tips is a great way to promote your brand, connect with your audience, and grow your business. I use Instagram as my main platform, because it's the most popular among artists and art buyers. I post high-quality photos and videos of my work, behind-the-scenes, and events. I also interact with other artists and potential customers, and use relevant hashtags to get discovered. One of the tools that helps me a lot with my social media strategy is my Macbook. It's fast, reliable, and easy to use. I can edit my photos and videos, create engaging content, and manage my accounts on different platforms. I also love the design and the battery life of my Macbook. It's the best laptop for creative professionals, in my opinion.
Nowadays mac for my work in social media

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #53 of 55
I bought a refurbished M1 MBP for surfing the web while sitting on the couch last year. My wife recently bought me a M2 Max Studio and now I am 100% working in MacOS (except for the work laptop). I'm struggling a bit with the differences but I'll get over it. Probably the single biggest hurdle is using the same software in the MacOS environment because things are just different enough to be frustrating (O365, Davinci Resolve Studio).

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #55 of 55
*ix forever - except the wife's PC because she needs the "productivity suite".

M$ fooled SCOTUS into thinking a browser was not separate from an OS. If they had done it right - Windoze would be long dead,. Too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back