Why the Beats Hate?
May 19, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #31 of 2,037
Quote:
makes me wonder how you're hearing things so differently from everyone else...

Makes me wonder why majority of people who hate beats even talk about them, without ever hearing them or testing them. Lets all just jump on the bandwagon and repeat the same thing, like mindless parrots.  I'm not saying I'm a beats fan, far from that, I have 20 minutes experience with just one of their products, but the hate towards them sometimes seemed ridiculous to me, and now after actually hearing a pair of their headphones, it seems even more ridiculous. Why would anyone hate them. How little life does a person need to have to go around the internet finding topics on a product they hate, writting about how much they hate it and how much it sucks. See my point?

Also, I never said it has a similar sound signature to the HD650, I clearly said HD650's and more neutral and flat, but they both have slightly elevated bass and smooth overall sound. Of course the HD650 is a far better headphone, in every way, but it's not like Executives are completely horrible, it's not like they sound like a 20$ headphone, as many haters would lead you to believe. If they were priced at 150-200$ they'd be a decent buy. They're definitely on par with any of the closed active noise canceling headphones in that price range.
Don't get personally insulted just because I said I kinda like something that you, and many others hate.

May 19, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #32 of 2,037
Quote:
I guess if you love dat hiss (and man, is there hiss), then sure, get the Executive.

The reason why I'd buy them and take them home (in case you haven't figured that out by reading the last few sentences of my post), is to test them in a fair environment, not in a loud noisy store plugged into a smartphone,  but at home, used in a proper headphone setup. Instead of mindlessly hating them and being ridiculously ignorant, I'd like to see how good or bad they really are.

May 19, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #33 of 2,037
Be sure to post impressions then.

May 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #35 of 2,037
Quote:
You guys do realize that some people would sacrifice detail for bass right? And every other headphone model recommended over them usually look terrible or alright but not good (vmoda m80). Plus the combination of portability and a detachable cable is great.

I thnk a lot of people here are just overreacting to how the Beats people knock their headphones and praise Beats to high heavens. I've experienced it myself, and as I'm into car audio, I think I've just been used to people on Audiobahn knocking DLS and Focal that when some Beats guy was talking about the K701's looks and sound I didn't feel like going anywhere near aggro. That said I can understand where some are coming from.

May 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #36 of 2,037
Quote:
Instead of mindlessly hating them and being ridiculously ignorant, I'd like to see how good or bad they really are.

I like how in derbigpr's little world, only his opinions are well thought out, and everyone else is mindless and ignorant. I've seen some pretty clearly thought out opinions here on how the Beats don't live up to their price tag; hardly seems mindless to me. And it's not like everyone here hates them that much, we just agree that they aren't that good. It's always the Beats white knights who get personally affronted by these discussions...

May 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #37 of 2,037
Quote:

Makes me wonder why majority of people who hate beats even talk about them, without ever hearing them or testing them. Lets all just jump on the bandwagon and repeat the same thing, like mindless parrots.  I'm not saying I'm a beats fan, far from that, I have 20 minutes experience with just one of their products, but the hate towards them sometimes seemed ridiculous to me, and now after actually hearing a pair of their headphones, it seems even more ridiculous. Why would anyone hate them. How little life does a person need to have to go around the internet finding topics on a product they hate, writting about how much they hate it and how much it sucks. See my point?

This post is called "why the beats hate?" You are literally asking for the reasons for why people hate beats. Don't complain about "hate" (actually well thought-out reasons) when you specifically request it. I've tried Beats, they aren't bad. But there are cheaper alternatives. That is my reason for "hating" them. 

May 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #38 of 2,037
So many of these threads and yet they never get anywhere.

I think derbigpr is specifically talking about the blind hate we see on Head-fi, not the generic "beats r overpriced" spiel that we hear all the time. I have seen, time and time again, people that have never heard the beats bashing them as "horrid phones" and in return recommending some other headphone that they haven't heard either. It's just silly.

May 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #39 of 2,037
Quote:
So many of these threads and yet they never get anywhere.

I think derbigpr is specifically talking about the blind hate we see on Head-fi, not the generic "beats r overpriced" spiel that we hear all the time. I have seen, time and time again, people that have never heard the beats bashing them as "horrid phones" and in return recommending some other headphone that they haven't heard either. It's just silly.

Yes, that's exactly my point. I'm willing to bet most people who bash them never heard them and are bashing them purely because they want to make themselves look like they're knowledgeable about headphones, because as we all know, hating bad headphones automatically means you have golden ears and know everything about headphones. Especially if you recommend M50's right after bashing the Beats. Its ridiculous.

Funny how people who do proper reviews on them dont absolutely hate them. Like Tyll on Innerfidelity when he tested the Studio together with other noise cancelling headphones, he didnt bash them as complete trash, he says they were pretty good, while on the other hand he called the Klipsch M40 bad, which is weird, isn't it?

May 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #40 of 2,037
Quote:

Yes, that's exactly my point. I'm willing to bet most people who bash them never heard them and are bashing them purely because they want to make themselves look like they're knowledgeable about headphones, because as we all know, hating bad headphones automatically means you have golden ears and know everything about headphones. Especially if you recommend M50's right after bashing the Beats. Its ridiculous.

Funny how people who do proper reviews on them dont absolutely hate them. Like Tyll on Innerfidelity when he tested the Studio together with other noise cancelling headphones, he didnt bash them as complete trash, he says they were pretty good, while on the other hand he called the Klipsch M40 bad, which is weird, isn't it?

He insinuated that the solos is complete trash, though 
size]

May 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #41 of 2,037
Quote:
I like how in derbigpr's little world, only his opinions are well thought out, and everyone else is mindless and ignorant. I've seen some pretty clearly thought out opinions here on how the Beats don't live up to their price tag; hardly seems mindless to me. And it's not like everyone here hates them that much, we just agree that they aren't that good. It's always the Beats white knights who get personally affronted by these discussions...

Are you calling me a "Beats white knight"? I have 20 minutes experience with the headphones, don't be ridiculous.  This is the type of ignorance I'm talking about, let's turn our brains off, useless as they are, and go straight to insults, right?  Let me point you towards my initial post, read it again. I wrote my short view on them, nowhere did I say anything else except that they were better than I've expected and would like to test them more thoroughly to see how good or bad they really are.
YOU are the one who came out and said, I quote: "makes me wonder how you're hearing things so differently from everyone else..." after falsely concluding that I said HD650's and Executives sounded similar. Now, it's clear YOU were the one personally offended by that, even though I'm willing to bet you've got zero experience with either of the two headphones. Am I right? It's a rhetorical question.

"we just agree that they aren't that good"  - Number one, who are "we", if YOU haven't tested them, and majority of the "we" haven't either. Number two, a fact is they're not as good value as other headphones, but is that a reason to hate them, and look at people who like them as idiots? In fact, I can't think of any valid reason why someone would HATE a product. Don't buy it, stay away from it. Going around pointing out how bad it is and insulting people who like it makes you look like a pathetic human being.  Sometimes I don't know whats worse, the fanboys or the haters.  And no, before you call me a fanboy, which I know you already are thinking of doing, I'm not.  I'm just not blindly ignorant, taking the words of other people who are equally ignorant as facts and grasping onto them to the point where I become aggressive if someone disagrees.  I like to test things on my own, and get my own opinion, because ultimately, its the only opinion that I consider valid. And everyone else in their right mind should do the same.

This discussion is over.

May 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #42 of 2,037
Quote:

Like David said - the real problem with the title of this thread is that it's talking about Beats generically.  I've listened to the Solos - and they really are 'junk' - overwhelming but extremely flabby bass which over powers the rest of the spectrum, and build quality that would just leave you astounded (it's really bad).  FWIW - the Studios didn't sound that bad - bass still a bit flabby IMO - but that's their target audience (mainstream) - but I wouldn't call them awful.  You can do better for your money though - and the NC for me is not worth while.  As a frequent long-haul traveler, IMO you can't beat really good IEMs.

I also listened to the Pros - and once again (just my opinion) - overpriced and didn't suit my listening preferences (same generic warm, bassy sound - but less so than the Solo or Studio).  Sonically I think the Shure SRH840 sounds superior - but again - the Beats generic signature doesn't gel with my preferences.

I think the biggest problem (as others have already said) is their slogan / by-line "music the way the artist intended".  If the artists really intended their music to sound like the generic warm, dark, bassy, muddy sound of the Beats Solos - then the industry is in pretty poor shape.

I don't hate Beats - I'm actually pretty non-commital about them really.  I wouldn't buy them - personally think they're pretty ugly - but what do I know (I'm currently mid-40's).  I just think that you can do a lot better (sonically) for the money they charge.

May 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #43 of 2,037
Quote:
YOU are the one who came out and said, I quote: "makes me wonder how you're hearing things so differently from everyone else..." after falsely concluding that I said HD650's and Executives sounded similar. 

Yeah, my bad, I concluded that because that's exactly what you said when you posted "HD650's for example have a similar (but a more neutral and flat) sound."

Quote:
Now, it's clear YOU were the one personally offended by that, even though I'm willing to bet you've got zero experience with either of the two headphones. Am I right? It's a rhetorical question.

I'm not the one who's getting that mad over this, so no, I'm not personally offended. And I know you said that's a rhetorical question since you hate to be exposed to well-thought out opinions that differ from yours, but I own the HD650's and have heard the Beats. The claim that they bear any resemblance to each other is ludicrous to me. A lot of people here have heard Beats and agree that they aren't very good.

Quote:
to the point where I become aggressive if someone disagrees.  I like to test things on my own, and get my own opinion, because ultimately, its the only opinion that I consider valid. And everyone else in their right mind should do the same.

That first part sounds a lot like what you're doing. And since I did test these one my own, wouldn't I be one of those people in their right mind, too? This is what I'm saying, your opinion lacks any objectivity because you pretend that you're the only one who has actually heard these headphones, which is clearly not the case.

May 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #44 of 2,037
Beats=Bose....great marketing = premium price

In hififorums you will find the same disdain for Bose as for Beats. Style over substance in combination of relative high prices.

You join this forum to avoid these products.At least thats for me.

PS brands like Beats and bose are dangerous. As consumer you lose out when you have to pay the premium prices of these brands.

Matter of fact....the ultimate company in this regard is of course Apple :0

May 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #45 of 2,037
Quote:
Beats=Bose....great marketing = premium price

In hififorums you will find the same disdain for Bose as for Beats. Style over substance in combination of relative high prices.

You join this forum to avoid these products.At least thats for me.

PS brands like Beats and bose are dangerous. As consumer you lose out when you have to pay the premium prices of these brands.

Matter of fact....the ultimate company in this regard is of course Apple :0

Very true, it's not just that they produce a sub-par product, it's that they generate lies about its capabilities and market them that way. It's the classic analogy of the bad milk seller. If a seller waters down milk and sells it as watered down milk for a lower price, the consumer knows what they're getting and everything's fine. But if a seller waters down milk and sells it as regular milk for the full price, they make a much higher profit. Then more sellers start doing the same thing to maximize their margins, until the honest milk sellers get choked out and all you can find is watered down milk. At this point, the consumer no longer knows what real milk tastes like, and is swindled by an inferior product. That's what companies like Beats are doing now, which has caused the true audiophiles to exercise their rights as consumers and avoid these products rather than be blindly led by advertising, so that the hobby isn't ruined by charlatans like the people behind Beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back