Who would I contact about building a Buffalo II DAC and Beta 22 amp?
Jul 8, 2010 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Zorlac

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I have been thinking of having both of these custom kits built and wondering how much it would cost to have an experienced DIY Head-fier do it for me.  :)

I am interested in finding out the average cost for parts and labor.

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 66
I don't know his current status, but Mister X used to build gear for members. If he's still building, contact him. You might also want to get in touch with Rockhopper.

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #5 of 66
If I had to hazard a guess I'd say you'd be looking somewhere between 2500-3000 for the combo.
I'd be surprised if it was quoted less and not surprised if it was significantly more (man hours would be high).

Jul 10, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #8 of 66

Quote:
the instructions and support are good enough you should DIY,  paying someone to do it you are better off buying from AudioGD.

AudioGD sell Beta 22s and Buffalo II DACs?

Jul 10, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #9 of 66

Yea they're selling them by the truckload
blink.gif

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not trolling,  what I mean is for the cost to pay someone to build the Buffalo and Betta22 you can find as good commercial products for less dollars.   I won't go into his selection of amp and DAC,  but IMO they are only cost effective if you build it yourself.

Quote:
AudioGD sell Beta 22s and Buffalo II DACs?

Jul 10, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #10 of 66

Quote:
I don't know his current status, but Mister X used to build gear for members. If he's still building, contact him. You might also want to get in touch with Rockhopper.

I believe he still is.

Quote:

Yea they're selling them by the truckload
blink.gif

I too am unaware that Audio-GD sells this? Just checked their web-site too nor do I see it in their DIY area? Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Jul 10, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #12 of 66

Quote:

sometimes I think the cross continental cultural language barrier is just too large on this forum.-

lol. sarcasm is not exactly easily grasped on text, if that was what was meant.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #14 of 66

Quote:
I'm a Hoosier hick,  sometimes my attempts at humor is difficult to pickup on the forum.

heh. well, the same goes for me. Sometimes it goes really wrong :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back