Who here is a high school audiophile?
Nov 10, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #1,246 of 1,284
BTW my first headphones was Beats as well (Pro)  
I knew already that beats wasnt so good, but found them second-hand for like 150$~ or even less so i couldnt resist
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #1,247 of 1,284
Nov 10, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #1,248 of 1,284
I'm not really an audiophile, but I'm going to a meet in January and spent a lot of money on my gear. :p

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #1,249 of 1,284
   Much better, but then again ThatBeatsGuy knows I'm an ortho nut 
biggrin.gif

lol nice 

you know that the 701 are super "piki" on amping right? its not enough to have more expensive amp for them,you need to find the right sound-sig for them as well... (for example, didnt really like the master 9 with my Q701, it did sound good, but i know that the 701 can do better)

I'm not really an audiophile, but I'm going to a meet in January and spent a lot of money on my gear. :p

what are you aiming at?
regular_smile .gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #1,252 of 1,284
Since we're all in high school, does anyone have any plans for college and/or a career? I've been settled on computer science of some sort for a while, but I've been interested in writing, business, and politics for some time and I'm realizing now a career in some field relating to those subjects might be better for me; I'm not quite sure of a career or a college if I go into one of those fields, and am having trouble finding a specific career in those fields. What are you guys interested in?

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #1,253 of 1,284
  Since we're all in high school, does anyone have any plans for college and/or a career? I've been settled on computer science of some sort for a while, but I've been interested in writing, business, and politics for some time and I'm realizing now a career in some field relating to those subjects might be better for me; I'm not quite sure of a career or a college if I go into one of those fields, and am having trouble finding a specific career in those fields. What are you guys interested in?

Well, most of my plans are based around my girlfriend. She lives in Indiana and I currently live in Kansas. When I graduate high school I'm going to move to Ohio and attend either Miami of Ohio in Oxford or University of Cincinnati. Would prefer Oxford, but it's not as easy to get into. Wanting to major in business and marketing. Currently saving up money for tuition and a down payment on a house. Aiming for at least 10k saved by the time I graduate. Apartments are too expensive in the town I want to move to. Hope to get a house in West Chester Township. Nice area

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #1,254 of 1,284

I've been wanting to take up something along the lines of computer programming and maybe enter game development, but I felt that IT would make sense for me as I like web design and what I learn from the course would help me with my hobby -- blogging.

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #1,255 of 1,284

I've been wanting to take up something along the lines of computer programming and maybe enter game development, but I felt that IT would make sense for me as I like web design and what I learn from the course would help me with my hobby -- blogging.

That's what I thought I wanted to do originally. Enjoy web design, but not coding. In web design and digital design now. Use to make websites for school bands. They also had purposed to the school that I make the school's basketball website

Also thought about becoming a prosecuting attorney. Was in debate, mock trial, and forensics. Would be too high stress of a job imo. Plus I can't lie too well..... and that is something lawyers have to do a lot

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #1,256 of 1,284
  That's what I thought I wanted to do originally. Enjoy web design, but not coding. In web design and digital design now. Use to make websites for school bands. They also had purposed to the school that I make the school's basketball website

Also thought about becoming a prosecuting attorney. Was in debate, mock trial, and forensics. Would be too high stress of a job imo. Plus I can't lie too well..... and that is something lawyers have to do a lot

I liked CS for a time last year, but this year I've had trouble with it, understanding some things, and it isn't as enjoyable as it was. I'm taking web design next year, so I'll see how that goes. 

I love debate, politics, social rights, economics, law, etc; the whole idea of government, philosophies behind different governments and laws, etc, are all very interesting to me. I love writing and public speaking as well. I don't know if I'd be interested in being a lawyer, however; I'll have to look into it more. I believe I'm more interested in something more relating to business and politics together, though social/environmental issues are also very interesting.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #1,257 of 1,284
I graduated from this thread 4 years ago, but I'm doing a Software Engineering degree, so basically I'm all about software development/computer science.

@(thatBeatsGuy?) IT is not about web design or blogging. Web design and blogging is still in the software development/CS realm of things. IT is information technology, which is more to do with managing and controlling computer systems and infrastructure.

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #1,258 of 1,284

Electrical and electronic engineering for me!

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #1,259 of 1,284
ahhh nice that you all have some dierection, still have no idea what to do, i hope that i will end up learning business and marketing but im really not sure i have the "guts" for that...

Anyway in out country you have to go to the army for 3~ years, its a rule here (Israel) and i will probably go to kind of "Premilitary college" for 1 year before that,
so its about 4 years from my life (assuming that i wont die) before i will start learning anything so i have some time to think about it 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back