Who has VD powercords pulled directly into the wall?
Nov 19, 2002 at 7:29 AM Post #32 of 36
Does the Nite cord sound better than your stock cord, when used without the Ultimate Outlet, but rather directly into the wall outlet.

Nov 19, 2002 at 10:01 PM Post #33 of 36
I'm pretty sure John is saying nite to wall socket is the best combination sonicly to his ears...

Biggie.

Nov 20, 2002 at 4:00 AM Post #34 of 36
Czilla - sorry, man! I didn't understand your question - I'm an idiot.

Yes, the Nites sound better plugged straight into the wall than they do plugged into the Ultimate Audio. And yes, they sound much better than the stock cords plugged into the wall.

I haven't compared the Nites going straight into the wall to the stock cords connected to the Ultimate Outlet, however. Woudn't that suck if the UO/stock combination was better?
rolleyes.gif

Nov 20, 2002 at 5:30 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by botchki
Serving Ecudor wrote

"Since I am in the market to possibly buy something in this price range, what do you recommend I get??? I haven't heard of much else, so I'm pretty ignorant here, so you're advice would be greatly appreciated. It just has to both filter and condition.

I am kind of in the same boat as you in that I am looking for a good power conditioner. I have tried the Mapleshade power strip and versus Monster it beats it up, but it doesn't offer the surge protection you are looking for. If you want to spend the money, the Audio Magic Stealth Purifier is supposedly the best on the market (though not the most expensive). But it's still $799 for a unit that has two outlets ($650 used/demo) or $1600 for a six outlet one ($1399 used/demo). Still contemplating this one for me but haven't sold myself on the justification. The other alternative that I might try first is something I was just told about by a respected cable maker. It's called the Cyber Power and they have different models from AVR 585 up to AVR 1250. From what he told me it has done more for customers of his systems than conditioners that cost up to $2500. Supposedly it can be had for the monster (no pun intended) price of around $130 at your local Best Buy electronics store in their PC dept. Just started researching them so if anyone has any info on these please leave input, but I think I am going to check them out first.

Cyberpower is known for making inexpensive UPS's for desktop systems.
They do have a 1500 AVR (the AVR models have voltage regulation) that is rack mountable and would fit nicely in an audio rack.

1500_calls.jpg

1- On/Off Switch
2- Test Switch
3- Battery Indicator/Load Indicators
4- Power On Indicator
5- AVR Indicator
6- Using Battery Indicator
7- Wiring Fault Indicator
8- Outlets designed for AC Adapters
9- Battery Back-up/Surge-protected Outlets
10- Two Built-in Serial Ports
11- RJ-11/RJ-45 Communication Protection Ports
12- 10' Heavy-duty Power Cord
13- Re-settable Circuit Breakers

This unit can be found at you local Best Buy for just under $300.
They have a 3 year warranty on the UPS unit and battery and $500,000 connected equipment guarantee.
(I don't know if audiophile equipment would qualify!
wink.gif
)
More specs can be found here.

I have used a cyperpower unit for my PC and it worked well up until my basement got flooded 4 years ago. I have not hooked up a unit for audio/video use but at this price it would not kill me to try it in my A/V setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back