Which tube amplifier pairs really well with the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro??
Nov 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #31 of 36
  Exactly the type of amp i'm looking for. I don't wana have to worry about rolling tubes. I just want a nice tube amp which does the job correctly :wink:

Keep in mind the Schiit Vali is almost released as well! I'd start with it first, granted it won't be as nice as the Valhalla but the two apprently share a simmilar sound. Ofc the Vali is half as much and offers a little less power I'd think.

non the less the Vali would be a good place to start. $120 is a dang good bargin. ANd I Used and very much enjoyed my DT 990 off a Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube! That said those $100 hybrids aren't to bad, the Vali how ever should be a top choice in that price range. As most $100ish Hybrids are made by some Chinnese Company that has little well feed back honestly... Schiit on the other hand is American Made and they have a good record of great products and customer service. Combine there Rep with the a $100 Hybrid Tube, and I think it's going to be a real winner 

Nov 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #32 of 36
  Keep in mind the Schiit Vali is almost released as well! I'd start with it first, granted it won't be as nice as the Valhalla but the two apprently share a simmilar sound. Ofc the Vali is half as much and offers a little less power I'd think.

non the less the Vali would be a good place to start. $120 is a dang good bargin. ANd I Used and very much enjoyed my DT 990 off a Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube! That said those $100 hybrids aren't to bad, the Vali how ever should be a top choice in that price range. As most $100ish Hybrids are made by some Chinnese Company that has little well feed back honestly... Schiit on the other hand is American Made and they have a good record of great products and customer service. Combine there Rep with the a $100 Hybrid Tube, and I think it's going to be a real winner 

So, is it ss + tube?

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #33 of 36
  So, is it ss + tube?

Yeap, I think the Power Section is Tube and the Pre Amp is controlled by a solid state... Wiki Piedia you be your friend in this situation! 

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #34 of 36
  Yeap, I think the Power Section is Tube and the Pre Amp is controlled by a solid state... Wiki Piedia you be your friend in this situation! 

Looked it up at http://as.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/1pg676/schiit_vali_whos_excited/.. WOW, they sound really excited about this lil thing :wink: Well, my mind is made up. Schiit Vali it is!! 
etysmile.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #35 of 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back