Which sleeves you prefer for SE530? and about triple flange sleeves
May 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

fulayg

New Head-Fier
Up until now (2 years) i've been using the black soft flex sleeves for the shure se530.

I loved it simply because it is easy to put on and take off.

However i came upon the triple flange sleeves and they gave a much better signature. Much warmer and deeper sound stage and the bass really kicked in.

it also had a much tighter seal and less sound leakage.

The issue is, however, somehow my ears seem to be attacked by this sort of static, electrical, radioactive discharge from the IEM maybe due to the deeper insertion of the sleeves, deeper into my ear canal.

So was wondering whether this was normal, and which sleeves do you guys prefer on the IEM.

May 25, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 15
Cut the smalles flange off, put them on the stem till the barb and put them in your ear. That is the best sound for me
biggrin.gif

Will look freaky because the SE530 is floating near your ear, but sounds oh so good.

May 25, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cut the smalles flange off, put them on the stem till the barb and put them in your ear. That is the best sound for me
biggrin.gif

Will look freaky because the SE530 is floating near your ear, but sounds oh so good.

Bonthouse this is a placebo effect. The soundstage in fact doesn't improve much at all no matter how far out the SE530's stick out. Plus you look retarted with them sticking out of your ears like that. It's not worth the stares for such a subtle increase in soundstage.

May 25, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

What's wrong with keeping the smallest flange where it is?

May 26, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Thanks, i'll try doing that. Actually i found the floating of the IEM near the ear kinda of cool.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #9 of 15
I use the triple-flanges as well. However, my 'mod' is to cut the stem part about half-off. All three flanges remain intact which provide a decent seal. The buds tend to not stick out as much this way.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #10 of 15
In my opinion triple flange >>> black sleeve. The day I got the Se530's I was at first using the olives and thought they were good, but triple flange makes a much better seal which creates better bass and other positive characteristics. Only downside is the decrease in comfort but I think sound > comfort.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by -[ DanieL ]- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm right here. I'm not going to hide anymore. I've changed and I won't be "VoLTaG3" anymore. It was stupid of me for attempting to ruin such a wonderful community. I hope everyone I've offended sees and accepts my apologies.

I don't have any problem with your return if you are ready to contribute to this community with sincerity.

Who didn't stray away every now and then when you were teenager
atsmile.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the triple-flanges as well. However, my 'mod' is to cut the stem part about half-off. All three flanges remain intact which provide a decent seal. The buds tend to not stick out as much this way.

That's a good mod. It works.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #15 of 15
My best results have come from large, black, Comply foamies. They lock in the bass and help the SE530 compete with the Westones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back