Which artist do you have tons of CDs of?
Jan 10, 2007 at 11:41 AM Post #61 of 79
Bob Seger
Asia
John "Cougar" Mellencamp
Survivor
.38 Special
Journey (with Steve Perry)
Simple Minds

Jan 10, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #62 of 79
Van Morrison
icon10.gif

Bach
Brahms
Beethoven
Leo Kottke
Mozart
Tschaikowsky
Jethro Tull
Zappa

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #68 of 79
U2 (everything plus a boatload of live concerts)
Radiohead (same as above)
The Tragically Hip (save as above)
Mozart (I think I am approaching everything at least once)
Beethoven (same as above)
Bach (I have a lot but not everything though I REALLY want it all.)

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #69 of 79
Well... in terms of composers I have to say Bach and Vivaldi. I have the 135 CDs of the Brilliant Classics Bach Edition, quite decent, and 50 by the more "prestigious" artists (English Concert, EBS, Gabrieli, Europa Galante etc. no Harnoncourt yet).

Artists though, I have a fair amount of Mozart/Handel/Bach by the English Concert, both from Pinnock and Manze times.

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #70 of 79
Everything Paul Weller as ever done !!!!!!!!

from the jam
to the style council
and now all his solo stuff

also

The who
badly drawn boy
beatles
joy division
gomez
the doors
niel young

My current favorite

Muse

Feb 2, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #71 of 79
1 Gov't Mule 1,383
2 The Flaming Lips 1,096
3 Grateful Dead 591
4 Devo 517
5 Primus 359
6 Willie Nelson 292
7 Phish 279
8 Eminem 277
9 X 256
10 Brian Wilson 238

That's just top 10 listened to tracks, but it's a good idea of the percentages in my library. 40k tracks in my itunes library. 95% from cds I own.

Feb 2, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #75 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well... in terms of composers I have to say Bach and Vivaldi. I have the 135 CDs of the Brilliant Classics Bach Edition, quite decent, and 50 by the more "prestigious" artists (English Concert, EBS, Gabrieli, Europa Galante etc. no Harnoncourt yet).

Artists though, I have a fair amount of Mozart/Handel/Bach by the English Concert, both from Pinnock and Manze times.

I wasn't counting composers previously ... I've got two cycles each of the Shostakovich Symphonies, String Quartets and Preludes & Fugues, plus a load of other stuff by him. I've also got a fair number of Bach recordings, but classical collections tend to massively outstrip rock collections due to the number of recordings of the number of works available, so I'm a bit of a non-starter on that side of things. Ardent Wagnerians probably don't even consider themselves to have got started until they've got 200 CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back