Which artist do you have tons of CDs of?
Jan 6, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #46 of 79
I have all Tori Amos official albums (except Y Kant) and a few fan-mixed albums.

Jan 6, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #47 of 79
Tons! That's a tough one. I included the artists that I have all or most of the CD's in their discography...

Laurie Anderson
David Bowie
Califone
The Cure
Led Zeppelin
Modest Mouse
Nine Inch Nails
Pink Floyd
R.E.M.
The Rolling Stones
Sting
U2
Tom Waits
Yo La Tengo

Jan 7, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #50 of 79
80's Rock/New Wave/Pop Compilations... :frowning2: I know, I know, a true weak spot in my tastes... I think I may have some songs 5 or 6 times.

Cheers.

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #51 of 79
Opeth and Dream Theater
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #52 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to go OT, but to my knowledge Prince never produced his own bootlegs. He eventually started fighting back, insisting that web sites that listed bootlegs be shut down, stopping Uptown magazine from re-printing their bootleg list, etc. There are lots of theories/stories on how so many bootlegs got released.

you may be completely right. i think the guy i used to buy them from told me that. but i do know that they are much higher quality than i've ever seen. they often have high quality concert photos in them, one even has those 3d computer images that jumps out at you if you stare at it. one set i have came in a brass colored tin and the CDs are plated in 24kt. gold.

Jan 7, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #54 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Charlie Hunter + Terry Bozzio (I do not count in my vinyl collection which is about to go).

"I do not count in my vinyl collection which is about to go" - BIG MISTAKE, You'll rue the day that you ever let that vinyl slip through your hands.

Jan 7, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #55 of 79
I had to laugh as I counted off the "serial offenders" in this thread who also loom large in my collection: I must have well over thirty discs each of The Grateful Dead, Frank Zappa and Keith Jarrett. In fact, I must go over fifty with The Dead: I can get to forty discs in five sets alone!

Jan 7, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #59 of 79
ralphp@optonline

Quote:

"I do not count in my vinyl collection which is about to go" - BIG MISTAKE, You'll rue the day that you ever let that vinyl slip through your hands.

Thanks for your concern but I doubt it. My collection is with me for almost two decades now and my taste in music has changed considerably. Although there are still a handful of vinyl recordings who might be missed there is a good chance that I will get them back as CDs.
Most of my albums are either Heavy Metal or Hard Rock and there are only a few bands left I still like to hear.
I have had almost tons of everything, boardgames, comics, books etc.
I even collected video arcade games and pinballs at some time and I have found out that less is more.
I found out that most I did not miss most of the stuff I once thought about owning for the rest of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back