Where to find Shure Black Olive Foamies
Nov 26, 2007 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

TDRKZ

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I've been googling Shure Black Olive Foamies and many variations of that but I have not been able to actually find them strangely enough. I was wondering where I could get them online for the cheapest preferably. Hoping to get some to try out on my er6i's. Another question is how long do they normally last?
Thanks

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 17
go on shures website, they are not cheap but well worth asking price IMO because one pair can last 6 months and in my case ive had the same pair being used for about 7 or 8 months and you get 5 pairs in a pack. just keep em clean in soapy water now and then and they spring back into life unlike yellow foams

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDRKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone,
I've been googling Shure Black Olive Foamies and many variations of that but I have not been able to actually find them strangely enough. I was wondering where I could get them online for the cheapest preferably. Hoping to get some to try out on my er6i's. Another question is how long do they normally last?
Thanks

Try the HeadFi sponsors, like Earphonesolutions or Headroom.

Nov 26, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDRKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure - Black Foam Sleeves for Earphones

Are these the olives??? I thought they were rounder.

yep they are the ones, they are a little rounder and certainly softer than they look,as you can see they are also not pourous like the old yellow foams, they are honestly a good buy but do be warned, i am not sure if they fit the er6i perfectly so take that into account, if you know for a fact they do, they are a good purchase for most

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 17
You can also get them on ebay.

Bought them myself for my d-JAYS (just awesome) and lucky enough I got both the S and M sizes, as I wasn't sure which to get, and found out when I got them that my left ear is slightly bigger than the right one, so now I've got 10 pairs of foamies instead of 5
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, not without some effort anyway, there is a thread somewhere about moding a pair of olive to get them on the triple.fi

Thanks, I found one of them.

Steven.

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLimits3D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the forum sponsors first.

There's also Sweetwater, who offers free shipping and a slightly discounted price. Customer service is good too.

Not outside USA though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back