Where to download lossless CDs
Jun 24, 2008 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FiNoobie

New Head-Fier
I might be out of it but is there any online store where you can download entire CDs but in lossless formats? The biggest store I used to spend hours in (TOWER) no longer exists and I hate ordering online and having to wait for CDs to be shipped.

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 8
Once you buy music, you have the right to download it from sources that would otherwise be illegal (ie. you can download it from other places without paying for it).

Buy the albums from wherever sells them cheapest, then hit up your favourite torrent site that has lots of lossless music and get what you want.

Better yet, but the CD.

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once you buy music, you have the right to download it from sources that would otherwise be illegal (ie. you can download it from other places without paying for it).

Buy the albums from wherever sells them cheapest, then hit up your favourite torrent site that has lots of lossless music and get what you want.

Better yet, but the CD.

Although I wish this was true... It's not.

Since any and all torrent sites function on sharing, the current ruling is (or at least what they're taking people to court over) that making available is illegal.

As any time you pull music via torrent, EVEN stuff that you already own (which itself is a possible violation of copyright.) you're still "making available" because you're uploading to people who (potentially) don't have the album, which is copyright infringement.

While I have several 4 letter words to say on the topic, that's nothing but the truth as I understand it.

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better yet, but the CD.

Buy

wink.gif

I agree with monolith. I'd rather buy the CD. Go look around in some of those used CD stores, sales or such. I'd rather have a back up plan. CD for just in case. Rip it to the lossless you want and just store those CDs.

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Musicgiants.com does exactly what you want. Hi-rez lossless from may popular albums (and not just public domain music like other sites). Too bad they only allow registration from US reisdents.

Jul 13, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

What purpose would this serve? Once you buy the CD you can just rip it yourself.

Jul 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What purpose would this serve? Once you buy the CD you can just rip it yourself.

He probably mean an online store, where you buy and download albums. Like iTunes Store...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back