Where to buy iPod straps??
Jul 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #16 of 38
I much prefer the two velcro strap scenario:wink:
Tanked%20006.jpg

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #17 of 38
I havent seen a Woolworths in over 20 years! They still exist???:O

Flavio, if you check variety stores, im sure youll find what youre looking for. Electronic stores have velcro straps.

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I much prefer the two velcro strap scenario:wink:

I use the exact same velcro straps. Although I did only use one but cut : 2/3 for the top and 1/3 for the bottom with elastic bands on top of them (since I often put it in my bag and the velcro has the tendency to make it hard to put into the bag since it would stick all the time). Everything is really solid with those velcro straps
smily_headphones1.gif

Need to find black elastic bands tho...
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I was in London last year, I think I saw a Woolworth's there. All the one's we had in town disappeared about 10 years ago as well here in San Antonio.

Jul 7, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #23 of 38
I thought I'd tell people here how I setup my iPod Classic and my RSA Predator together in details. I'll add pics tomorrow as the light here is bad and at work it's much easier to take good pics
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't use a casing anymore on the iPod, and the metallic back of it was sliding a lot against the metallic casing of the Predator. So what I did to remedy this is to use the leftover rubber part from a pack of 3 big rubber feet I had laying around and sticked it on top of the Predator (this would have worked also by sticking it on the back of the iPod). That way, when pressed together, the iPod and Amp don't slide anymore.

Next, I used a few velcro straps (the kind you can use to strap together a bunch of cables), cut it to size so they wouldn't be too large and strapped them around the setup, at 2 different places (underneath the screen and underneath the click wheel) very tightly.

I left the sticky part of the velcro strips on the outside so when I put the setup in a bag, the whole thing stays in place.

Looks quite good and is very stable. Pics tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit : Here are the promised pictures :

First, I applied the leftover from some rubber feet I had laying at home (why I kept those in the first place, don't know, but they came in handy!). This is to prevent the iPod's metal case to slide against the Predator's case. They kind of "stick" together after that :
step1.jpg

After that, I used those velcro straps and cut them to size :
step2.jpg

In the end, this is what the setup looks like from underneath and above :
step3.jpg

step4.jpg

Everything is pretty solid. If you don't want to have the velcro stick to anything, you can put rubber bands or elastic bands on those of the velcro strips. I'm also tempted to try black tie wraps with a short elastic band underneat to protect the player and amp...

Jul 10, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #24 of 38
I too have a ipod/headsix, at first I used bands but the amp is slightly curved and slides around too much on the ipod, also I constantly need to use the ipod on it's own so re-attaching with bands is a pain.

I use the velcro strips, something like this

Amazon.com: Velcro Sticky-Back Hook & Loop Fastener Roll In Dispenser Box, 3/4in X 15 Ft., Black (VEK90081): Home & Garden

I have 2 strips (loops) on the ipod and one strip (hooks) down the middle of the headsix, I did have 2 on the headsix but it was too hard to pull apart. There was no residue when removing the strips

I may try some 3M Dual Lock Low Profile Reclosable Fasteners if I can find some. Anyone tried these?

3M Industrial Products Catalog: adhesives, tapes, abrasives and more

Jul 10, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #25 of 38
I finally freed myself from indecision, and applied four velcro coins to the bottom of my Predator and to the back of my iPod case. I feel much better now. It looks clean and stays attached. The velcro on the bottom of the amp also serves as feet when used alone with my computer.

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will wait for Jaben hippo case Amp sack to be release

I was also waiting... and waiting... and decided that I couldn't wait any longer.
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #28 of 38
That hippo case is SWEET. I'm waiting on mine, and can't wait for it to arrive!!!!

Jul 11, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally freed myself from indecision, and applied four velcro coins to the bottom of my Predator and to the back of my iPod case. I feel much better now. It looks clean and stays attached. The velcro on the bottom of the amp also serves as feet when used alone with my computer.

While I only use 3 velcro coins on my iPod/TBH, I agree. it looks cleaner and stays firmly attached.

But I gotta say, the Micro Strap that came with my Portable Micro Amp w/DAC is the bomb for holding my iPod to the amp.

HeadRoom Portable Micro Strap @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Sweet setup I must say.

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OT but....Yep, they're a common feature in most larger towns in the UK. Used to be quite clunky & old-fashioned, but they've tried to reinvent themselves a little bit. I preferred the old clunky WW, tbh. Still popular here as a general store. Wonder why they died out in the States? Stores like WalMart I'm guessing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back