Where to buy iPod straps??
Jul 1, 2008 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

FlavioWolff

500+ Head-Fier
Guys, I ordered a HeadSix and I'm wondering how will I firmly attach it to my iPod. It doesn' come with velcros or straps.. where can I buy a strap or some velcro kit like the ones from AirHead?
Thanks

Jul 1, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 38
Flavio, you should be able to pick up velcro tabs at most hardware or department stores. I used that route when the ones supplied by Headroom (oh, and you could always e-mail them if you can't find any locally - I'm sure they'd sell you some) ran out. Worked fine. At worse, PM me if you can't find any with your addres and I'll send yu some. Makes pairing the iPod with an amp soooo much easier.

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 38
Buy the heavy duty Velcro pack - mine will hold a load of up 850g securely. Not that my gear necessarily weighs that much, lol, but it's nice to know it aint going anywhere!

You get 24 sets of 25mm squares, and in other packs can get lengths that you cut to size (useful).

Jul 1, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 38
That Amazon pack is one of the range, Flavio. We have different packaging over here but essentially it's the same product. May be worth having a look around to see if you can get hold of the sheets you cut to size, altho I'm sure the coins would work (one in each corner of yr amp/source say). I buy mine at general stores like Woolworths & home DIY stores. In the States, I'd check stores like WalMart, perhaps even Home Depot...

Jul 1, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nevermind, found something like it
Amazon.com: VELCRO USA INC 90069 "VELCRO" COINS (pack of 6): Home & Garden
do you guys think it works? i'm gonna buy 5 packs

The coin sized velcro tabs will work just fine. That's what Headroom sends out. It's what I use (and I've never lost an iPod yet). Buy it. Use it. Sleep peacefully.

Jul 1, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #10 of 38
You can also use the elastic straps with velcro on both ends that are used to hold the tips of snow skis together. This is the perfect size for my iPod and amp and holds everything together without sticking the velcro pads on anything.

Jul 2, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by MWA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone seen an elastic strap for sale? I'm looking for something akin to this: the "iQube wrist band" (4/5 of the way down the page).

It looks like silicone wrist bands like that one would make a good strap. Can you get something like that at Target or Wal Mart?

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #14 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I made a purchase at Qables.com (a mini-to-mini cable and a Silvercab-pro LOD), and Hans gently included the iQube's Strap on my purchase! That's awesome.

Excellent. Now you just have to have the patience to await their arrival. Then it sounds like all systems go. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back