Where do folks find the time?
Aug 24, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 37
i do all my work on the computer. it's not too far away from the internet.
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i do all my work on the computer. it's not too far away from the internet.
biggrin.gif

x2... My work load is hot/cold. Between projects is a nice down time, my boss is super-cool about that too. So long as I have my pager / laptop with me, I'm no more than ~15 minutes away from a wifi spot and I get my job done he don't care.

I'm a new product release coordinator (even though I am an engineer), so technically I am not responsible for actually doing the engineering analysis/work/testing... I am there to over-see it, review it and level it up for mass-production. So there are a lot of hot / cold spells as we release new products... IE=plenty of head-fi time

Today I am taking a day off
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 37
I have a 1:1 ratio reward system in place. Send an e-mail, read Head-Fi. Read a report, read Head-Fi. Screen some pharmaceutical trademark candidates, read Head-Fi. Go to a meeting, read Head-Fi. I'm balancing my career with my sanity.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 37
Summer vacation; still haven't found a part-time job. Bored of out of mind.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a 1:1 ratio reward system in place. Send an e-mail, read Head-Fi. Read a report, read Head-Fi. Screen some pharmaceutical trademark candidates, read Head-Fi. Go to a meeting, read Head-Fi. I'm balancing my career with my sanity.

x2... unless the roof caves in and I am needed for an emergency, then headfi surfing gets put on hold

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #10 of 37
I don't have much free time to surfing internet and/or listening to music. So I tried to make every free moment count. Luckily, I have an access to internet at the work place and I can check out the internet once in awhile between down time. Someday I have lots of downtime and other time almost none; it all depends.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2... unless the roof caves in and I am needed for an emergency, then headfi surfing gets put on hold

Yeah, there can be weeks and months at a time when it's to the point that I'm taking work home. It all evens out.

Speaking of work, praise Freyja it's Friday.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #12 of 37
I have a Team.

Aug 24, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #15 of 37
I don't surf Youtube (waste of time) unless I'm looking for something specific.

But I work in an office on a computer with internet of course.

So 2 words: alt tab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back