Whats your go to sub $120 IEM?
Dec 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

Rush-n-crush

Head-Fier
I'm literally swamped in IEMs and what to choose its driving me bananas.. From vsonic, to fidue, to tepeos, to TTPOD, to more known brands I just cant make my mind up.

My criteria is simple, durability and sound quality.. mostly listen to hip hop.. So I'm going to see what the majority pick as a go 2 iem under $120.. I just need one solid winner :)

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 58

VSonic GR07 gets my vote.  

only real IEM I ever owned was a VSd1.. sounded great but the left channel went out after lite use.. and when I mean lite I mean I doubt I even had these broken in.. was ridding my bike just cruising and then it just went out no tug or pull or anything..

So I'm shaken but maybe not quit stirred as I know s**** happens and maybe I just got a dud

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 58
The TTPOD's just look like a cheap copy of the ie800's I would avoid that at all costs. I heard great things about Vsonic but not too sure about the build, they are great Chinese earbuds for the price. If you are looking for durability I think you should stop at the Shure SE range and give them an audition. The 215s will match your budget and are built like a tank.

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 58
  The TTPOD's just look like a cheap copy of the ie800's I would avoid that at all costs. I heard great things about Vsonic but not too sure about the build, they are great Chinese earbuds for the price. If you are looking for durability I think you should stop at the Shure SE range and give them an audition. The 215s will match your budget and are built like a tank.

Yeah I feel like these Chinese brands are only getting looked at sound wise and not quality wise. idk but its not a deal when its replaceable. 

heard good things about that shure and the quality looks ideal

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #6 of 58
  Yeah I feel like these Chinese brands are only getting looked at sound wise and not quality wise. idk but its not a deal when its replaceable. 

heard good things about that shure and the quality looks ideal

Haha yea don't get me wrong I'm Chinese and they do make some quality products that are built to last as well (i.e. Fiio) but a lot of the times to keep costs down they have to sacrifice on the materials used to provide us with these affordable prices :)  

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 58
  Haha yea don't get me wrong I'm Chinese and they do make some quality products that are built to last as well (i.e. Fiio) but a lot of the times to keep costs down they have to sacrifice on the materials used to provide us with these affordable prices :)  

ya my fiio e17 has been going strong for over a year of heavy use.. 

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #8 of 58
I personally would go for the Brainwavz R3 and the fact that it's currently 90 bucks makes it an even better deal. The downside is that it can be a bit picky to get a good fit depending on one's ears but is definitely built like a tank

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #9 of 58
  I personally would go for the Brainwavz R3 and the fact that it's currently 90 bucks makes it an even better deal. The downside is that it can be a bit picky to get a good fit depending on one's ears but is definitely built like a tank

ooh looks interesting looks like you threw more hay into the hay stack.. these hybrid/ dual dynamics are intriguing since I never heard one

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #11 of 58
  So after more search this R3 is looking real nice ( even winning comparisons to the others i brought up ).. how would one compare it to the vsd1 and xiaomi 2.0? the only real IEMs i own

Well, more neutral and balanced than both. Less bass but flatter and tighter. Smoother and more extended treble and better imaging.

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #12 of 58
  I'm literally swamped in IEMs and what to choose its driving me bananas.. From vsonic, to fidue, to tepeos, to TTPOD, to more known brands I just cant make my mind up.

My criteria is simple, durability and sound quality.. mostly listen to hip hop.. So I'm going to see what the majority pick as a go 2 iem under $120.. I just need one solid winner :)

The Thinksound Rain2 is quite nice with  a rich sound and excellent bass extension for the price. It does very well with hip hop.

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #13 of 58

The Thinksound Rain2 is quite nice with  a rich sound and excellent bass extension for the price. It does very well with hip hop.

yeah only thing stopping me from pulling he trigger on R3 is the lack of bass.. even read a review saying its a bad iem for the genre i want, or at least its tuned towards the opposite spectrum 

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #14 of 58

Lmao this is going so wrong...

TTPOD look like IE800 indeed, but that doesn't mean they should sound like IE800 as well. They are just visually similar.

I own TTPOD T1Es and they are really great. Build quality is top notch on these and I don't see these breaking any soon. Sound quality is superb but these need amp to shine the fullest. They have warm and slight V shaped signature. IMHO these sound rich, have good soundstage and really shine at producing bass.

I recommemd you

1. Zero audio Tenores (Warm, smooth and very intimate sound. Build is fragile, need babysitting)
2. TTPOD T1E (read above)
3. Havi B3P1 (decent build and very neutral, reference curve, great bundeled accessories)

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #15 of 58
  yeah only thing stopping me from pulling he trigger on R3 is the lack of bass.. even read a review saying its a bad iem for the genre i want, or at least its tuned towards the opposite spectrum 

So, the only thing keeping you back is that it's the wrong earphone for you?

Well, don't let that stop you!
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back