What's your foobar2000 setup?
Apr 9, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #512 of 527
and while we're at it: I mada a small update:

boombox 20190407.jpg

Sep 16, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #514 of 527
@PleasantSounds: Great theme! is it for DUI?... and where can I get the Boombox?

It is DUI-based, and as such for the best looks it requires Win7 and some Windows colour palette tweaking (in Win10 some of the colours are not editable). Best to use it on a dedicated machine, as some system windows may be hard to read in this colour scheme.
There's no downloadable skin available, but if you are really interested PM me and I'll try to package it somehow.

Oct 13, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #520 of 527
Screenshot (2).png

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #521 of 527
with all those visualizations of the signal, after a while I'd expect you to be able to read the music without sound like the guy in The Matrix looking at the falling green lines of code and seeing the city. ^_^
if it's mostly esthetic, enjoy. but if you're really concerned with clipping, you can ensure that it doesn't happen without having to be on the lookout all the time. you could scan all your files with replaygain and set replaygain processing in foobar's playback preferences, to to "prevent clipping according to peak".
for a really secure setup(that accounts for most intersample clipping) you'll have to set a fair amount of oversampling for the replaygain scanner, and that may take all the CPU you have for a long time with a big library(clearly something to do in winter^_^). so while it's the cleanest approach to avoiding clipping, many people settle for some more or less smart forms of limiter DSP. which isn't as clean but should ensure that nothing ever sounds like it's clipped. which to most people is really what matters.

Oct 13, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #522 of 527
with all those visualizations of the signal, after a while I'd expect you to be able to read the music without sound like the guy in The Matrix looking at the falling green lines of code and seeing the city. ^_^
if it's mostly esthetic, enjoy. but if you're really concerned with clipping, you can ensure that it doesn't happen without having to be on the lookout all the time. you could scan all your files with replaygain and set replaygain processing in foobar's playback preferences, to to "prevent clipping according to peak".
for a really secure setup(that accounts for most intersample clipping) you'll have to set a fair amount of oversampling for the replaygain scanner, and that may take all the CPU you have for a long time with a big library(clearly something to do in winter^_^). so while it's the cleanest approach to avoiding clipping, many people settle for some more or less smart forms of limiter DSP. which isn't as clean but should ensure that nothing ever sounds like it's clipped. which to most people is really what matters.[/QUO

How else am I going to know when the sentinels are coming? :) It is mostly asthetic...but Im in the visual sciences so I like to see what Im hearing. When I really want do dedicated listening, usually kill the distractions and leave my computer monitor off anyway.

Oct 13, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #523 of 527
How else am I going to know when the sentinels are coming? :) It is mostly asthetic...but Im in the visual sciences so I like to see what Im hearing. When I really want do dedicated listening, usually kill the distractions and leave my computer monitor off anyway

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #524 of 527
I guess I should look over this thread. I've been using pretty much a vanilla foobar just with the DSD plugins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back