What's your foobar2000 setup?
Sep 5, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #407 of 527

PIPO X8, with touch screen, running Windows 10, is a perfect match for foobar2000. I setup foobar2000 to upsample everything to DSD128, then outputs to Teac UD-301 through ASIO: FLAC->Sox resampler(352800Hz)->foo_dsd_asio(SDM D,FP64,DSD128)->TEAC ASIO driver->TEAC UD-301.
Lossless music files are hosted on NAS, which can be accessed by X8 through Wifi.

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #410 of 527
Anyone know if the f2k volume control is a 32-bit float point? I realize this may be the wrong thread to ask on but this has a strong following.

It is iirc. It's pretty standard to use 32 float for that.

Right on, thanks for the input.

If anyone can confirm that'd be great.

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #412 of 527
Oct 3, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #413 of 527
In relation to the dynamic range of your source material  - yes. The noise should be reduced proportionally to the signal attenuation.
Just keep in mind that with digital attenuation also the analog signal on the output of the DAC will be weaker, so you will be reducing the SNR of your analog circuits. 
A few dB won't matter that much though, even if you had a 16 bit processor.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #414 of 527
How do you set Foobar up though. I am new to it.

At the moment I am using the Media Go music player. It shows me a list of tiles which are album covers for my ripped CDs. I click on one and I get the tracklist.

However in Foobar so far I only imported one album because I can't work out how to configure. I want it to look like a list of tiles like I have in Media Go. Or I want it to look like a list of album names and then clicking one gets me to the album ot play.

At the moment all I have is playlist one for the album that I imported. I have tried various stuff in Foobar settings.  When I click album list pin preference it lists all the music that is stored on my PC for other media players. However I can only play the single album that I imported. 

The album listing also looks a mess.

I am at the point of giving up and buying JRiver.

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #415 of 527

At the moment I am using the Media Go music player. It shows me a list of tiles which are album covers for my ripped CDs. I click on one and I get the tracklist.

However in Foobar so far I only imported one album because I can't work out how to configure. I want it to look like a list of tiles like I have in Media Go. Or I want it to look like a list of album names and then clicking one gets me to the album ot play.

At the moment all I have is playlist one for the album that I imported. I have tried various stuff in Foobar settings.  When I click album list pin preference it lists all the music that is stored on my PC for other media players. However I can only play the single album that I imported. 

google some stuff like foobar + facets
or foobar + br3tt who's made some nice looking things on deviantart

but ultimately, if you're not into customizing at all and struggle with foobar, I would suggest to indeed go for whatever works for you as is. be it itune, WMP, jriver and plenty of other choices free or not that show cover albums one way or another.

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #416 of 527
Yeh today I added WASAPI and adding some silence at the beginning add-ons. I don't mind mucking about and modding even though I am no expert, by a long way. However I can't make sense of Foobar. However I have your tips and will go check these now.

Basically I need a player that makes sense and that will work with the Mojo.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #417 of 527

PIPO X8, with touch screen, running Windows 10, is a perfect match for foobar2000. I setup foobar2000 to upsample everything to DSD128, then outputs to Teac UD-301 through ASIO: FLAC->Sox resampler(352800Hz)->foo_dsd_asio(SDM D,FP64,DSD128)->TEAC ASIO driver->TEAC UD-301.
Lossless music files are hosted on NAS, which can be accessed by X8 through Wifi.

Looks like it could work for me, cheap solution too.
Do you have any issues with gaps between tracks?
Gapless playback is a must for me.

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #418 of 527

There are a few YouTube video setups. Try foobar2000: Getting Started and Theming - Tek Syndicate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5um6NEMZGZo

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #419 of 527
I was thinking about getting Foobar sorted because I am intersted in the Chord Mojo. However there are issues. I think solution might be to get JRiver. Foobar ultimately free though.

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #420 of 527
I was thinking about getting Foobar sorted because I am intersted in the Chord Mojo. However there are issues. I think solution might be to get JRiver. Foobar ultimately free though.

There's a learning curve with foobar but it's worth putting the work in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back