What's your computer audio set up?
Mar 29, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #31 of 38
How do you find the Windows operating system with regards it's audio options ? I ask as I found Windows10 highly restrictive even when using my own kit to produce my own material.

What are the FiiO dongle's like (is this your DAC/headphone out) ?
Am not sure what MeZe109 pro is/are, so need to look these up as well as the Audeze
For my desktop, I use Win 11 > Tidal (Exclusive mode) > FiiO K7 > headphones. This by-passes the Windows audio chain and delivers digital USB to the DAC/amp..

The KA17 dongle worked well out of my iPhone 6. I also have the Fiio KA3 and the Cayin RU6 dongles all of which I enjoy.

But for the desktop use-case I believe the FiiO K7 is the best value for my money :)

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #32 of 38
Testing Macbook pro (on battery) as Roon Endpoint

1712718860911.png

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #34 of 38
I've got a library on lossless and high res lossless FLAC on my home server, which runs LMS. LMS also hooks up to my Qobuz account. 2ch stereo setup streams to a Holo RED with a "hacked" os to enable large buffers for memory playback which does the i²s thing into my Spring 3.

Same server also runs Jellyfin for listening via smartphone out in the wild.

Squeezelite is installed on multiple computers on my network, so I just stream to them instead of the stereo if I'm listening from a computer.

I've also got an old iBasso DX90 that I load FLAC files on to the old school way.

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #35 of 38
Proxmox running a Roon ROCK VM
Listening Room/Home Theater Room - Spring 3 KTE/Bliss KTE/Cayin HA-300MKII
Home Office - Musician Pegasus/Burson Soloist 3XP
Screenshot 2024-04-12 172338.png
One of these days I'll migrate to a hypervisor... still running on bare metal like a cave man.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #36 of 38
My desktop setup is currently a Mac Studio playing Apple Music (with LosslessSwitcher and SoundSource running) via AQ Forest USB to an Ares II and then 12 feet of XLR to my Singxer SA-1 and Focal Clear OGs with 4-pin XLR Audiophile Ninja cables. Its not terribly fancy but I'm quite happy with it...for now.

I am a new convert to Apple Music. I used to listen primarily to AmazonMusic but switched when I got my Mac Studio and could no longer download a standalone AmazonMusic app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back