What's wrong with the Grado 325?
Apr 6, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the 325's are really detailed. you can hear everything and more than you ever knew was there, maybe more than the artist even knew was there. but it takes more than detail to win.

same reason strapping a rocket engine to the top of a car doesnt really work. it goes really fast, but we look for more than speed in a car. it also has to stay on the road, not fly, not melt the roof and our faces into a big jelly doughnut

with headphones, we dont want our violin strings sounding like altoid tins strung with titanium strings. but im not a 325 hater. i think they have nice detail
biggrin.gif

But Grado took the rocket off the roof and strapped on a more easily controlled jet engine when they came out with the SR-325"i" model.

Apr 7, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #47 of 47
yuuummmmm...jelly doughnut

I'm loving my new 325i. For the first time since I got mine 8 days ago I wanted to test my AE-2 with my other cans last night so I broke out my Darth Beyers.That was as far as I got...

Of course the bass with the DB was more powerful but the speed was gone. The Grado was clearly the winner in mids, actually some voices seemed almost artificial in comparison.

I'm still in the brain burn-in mode with my 325i but I can't see myself selling these...unless for an upgrade up the Grado ladder.
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back