Whats the opinion of the ZAPFILTER ?
Jul 26, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #46 of 49
i just wanted to add that after installing 2 zap filters in DAC's for ther head-fi'ers (a zhalou and an adcom) i decided to zap filter my Behringer DEQ2496 and man wow! these little boards sound really great... and holy bass batman!

it went from a fairly decent, bright, sterile sounding dac, bordering on a bit tinny to 3 dementional and full and really beautiful detailed full sound including a whole lot more low-end... these zap filters are really nice buffers man, and really the price is not bad at all for what your getting...

Mar 17, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnmatrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zapfilter has a built in I/V stage. I believe the resistors are there to lower gain. That's the only reason I can think of them to be there.

Hello! I'm wondering if somebody generous can help me!

I just installed ZAP FILTER 2, into my MCINTOSH MVP 861. It works perfectly, but there are one main problem and two secondary.

MAIN:

- the output voltage (on 50Kohm load, for istance) of the ZAPF2 is too high, and with a CD test at 0dB arrives at 7,2 v RMS!!! The dac (DSD1792 balanced current output) is connected as in the attached picture “NOW”.

- How can I reduce this output voltage to arrive at 2 – 2,5 volts rsm for 0 dB?

- Maybe with 2 series resistors as in the picture “AFTER”? If Yes, which value?

SECONDARY:

1) The intervention of the two relé is too slow, and when I switch off the cd I always ear a loud “TOC” into the speakers.

2) The ZAPFILTER is very sensitive to lot of electric disturb (external & internal (tic/tac etc.). Maybe for the huge voltage gain?

Thanks a lot and regards!

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #48 of 49
Anyone know the differences between the original Zapfilter and the Zapfilter 2?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back