What would have you feel regret if never done during your lifetime?
Feb 11, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 52
Be able to read, write and speak chinese/mandarin fluently. Being born in Indonesia as chinese descent, I only knows some chinese word and write my name only. That's for another thread though, don't want to get this thread closed. My personal goal is to learn it in China or Taiwan for 1-2 year.

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 52
I guess, moments before death, I'd want to feel like I've made peace with the almighty
Don't wanna leave feeling like I haven't laid everything to rest

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 52
I guess that would be the whole wife and kids thing. I'm thinking maybe it's time I should do some breeding, but I've got to find a willing incubator...

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I guess that would be the whole wife and kids thing. I'm thinking maybe it's time I should do some breeding, but I've got to find a willing incubator...

hahahaha
icon10.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 52
i like how you phrased the incubater comment. for me i have no idea what i wanna do with or in my life. i do know that when i die i want to have everything wrapped up, i dont wanna leave any buisness undelt with

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #10 of 52
If I looked back on my life and felt like I'd not been a good husband to my wife and good father to my kids, I would feel great regret.

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #11 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
Be able to read, write and speak chinese/mandarin fluently. Being born in Indonesia as chinese descent, I only knows some chinese word and write my name only. That's for another thread though, don't want to get this thread closed. My personal goal is to learn it in China or Taiwan for 1-2 year.

Same here, I'm Chinese and I can only speak Cantonese somewhat fluently. Sadly I once used to be able to write my name in Chinese, now shamefully I forgot how.
frown.gif
I guess I too would regret not being able to write and speak Chinese more fluently so that I may better communicate with my parents and grandparents.

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #12 of 52
1. Get the hell out of this city

2. Get the hell out of this country

3. Get the hell out of this planet

Seriously, I want to learn at least another language or two and travel the world. And find true love. Sadly I fear the former may be much easier than the latter. This all stems from the idea that I want to "live". I want to be able to tell my future grandkids that that crazy old man who comes to visit every weekend was actually cool once. Besides, boredom causes to me to think too much, and I don't like that. And 18yr-old shouldn't just be using his mind, but also his heart, body, and soul. I'm getting there. =)

Feb 12, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #13 of 52
Doing your heart's desire isn't all it's cracked up to being. Not ever "chasing your dream" is probably the best thing that ever happened to most people. I always dreamt of being in the film industry. Quit the best job I ever had, went back to grad school at 34 (and still in debt $100,000 in student loans), worked five years in the industry for peanuts and FAILED AT MY DREAM. Now I'm always vaugely depressed. Dodging creditors. Nothing left to dream of. The end of my life's fantasy. What does that tell you?

Of course nobody ever believes THEY will fail...

Bwaaahhahahahahha!!

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #15 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Same here, I'm Chinese and I can only speak Cantonese somewhat fluently. Sadly I once used to be able to write my name in Chinese, now shamefully I forgot how.
frown.gif
I guess I too would regret not being able to write and speak Chinese more fluently so that I may better communicate with my parents and grandparents.

My mum would kill me if i forgot to write my name ! Used to be able to read an entire newspaper, now just the odd words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back