What were your standards before Head-Fi??
Oct 14, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #62 of 113
Still electrostatics but at a Stax Sigma level, not a Sennheiser HE60 and others.
blink.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #63 of 113
Before Head-Fi:
>30G iPod Video with iBuds. The iBuds were the "best earphones" ever!
>Bought the Bose Triports eventually for the iPod.
>Kinda freaked out at headphones costing over $100. I was impressed with the Triport's sound, however, and thought it was well worth the money. But I still thought it was way too expensive for headphones.

After Head-Fi:
>PS3 as my CD/Media player, into my LDII++, then into my Audio Technica ATH-AD700 (sometimes my ANC7s).
>Planning on buying the ATH-AD2000 in the future, as well as some high end Sennheisers.
>I no longer see headphones costing $100 or a little over as expensive, but cheap rather. My friends still don't agree paying over $50 on a pair.

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #64 of 113
Before: sansa e280>sure e2c --$250 about

After: h120> er4p>s> ibasso D1... plus lots of money in tweaks (not including modding the d1 yet!) --almost $700 with tweaks (not including other rigs I have gone through before this one)

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #65 of 113
It all started when I was about 9 years old and I went to my uncles house, there he had some Bose 501's and an old school Yamaha Amp. Loved the sound of the speakers at the time because my ears was accustomed to Ghetto Blasters and thats all we could afford in the time(parents were working hard to just cover bills and food, no money for luxury items)

Before Head-fi:
Some Sony buds, and JVC clip-ons. I thought the people with Headphone amps and separate DACs were lunatics. I also thought that anyone who spends more than $50 on a pair of cans are out of their minds.

Now, Grado's SR80->SR325, maybe some RS1's recabled in the future!
Go-vibe V6 amp, later on maybe a nice Headphone Tube Amp!
rs1smile.gif

IEM - Creative EP630s(good for the price but the SQ just doesn't do it for me) and now some ATH-CK9's with Shure Olives(sounds very nice, fairly neutral and full)
etysmile.gif

Others - KSC-75

Ipod 5G which I'm going to replace with a D2 in the near future!
3000smile.gif

Cheers,

Donny

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #69 of 113
I had a pair of Koss UR-29's, and I thought they were great...
I really started looking into decent headphones after I gave my wife's ipod a spin and realized that she was listening to those horrendous ibuds for like 3 hours every single day, and told myself "that ****'s gotta stop."

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #70 of 113
Denon home CDP and Grado SR60
Portable Sony MZ N1 MiniDisc and Senn PX 100

so not too bad...

Oct 14, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #71 of 113
I had lots of Fontopia's, god only now do I realise how crap they were.

I bet lots of people think Sony can do no wrong.:|

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #73 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PA2V2, Cowon D2, U3, U2, Creative zen Nano, Creative Nomad Xtra 40gb, Bose Triport & IEM.
2 Cd players. I always liked music but had no idea it could get this good!

Oh, and it gets a lot better than that, my friend.
smily_headphones1.gif
This hobby milks you dry. Mooooooooooooooo.

(Happy cows come from California)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back