What was the last movie you watched?
Nov 9, 2003 at 6:42 AM Post #258 of 456
Old movie for the zillionth time: "Dr. Strangelove"

I think this would have to go on anyone's "ten greatest of all time" list!
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 6:55 AM Post #259 of 456
...or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Great movie!

We went to see Open Range last night. Beautiful photography of the countryside. The line up of actors was impressive: Duval, Costner, Benning. This could have been an Eastwood western and the action scenes were right up there IMO. The gunfight was loud. Cheesy ending aside, I would recommend it.

Nov 9, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #260 of 456
Just finished watching "Run Ronnie Run." It was a great laugh and has my full recommendation.

Nov 9, 2003 at 7:58 AM Post #261 of 456
Based on the book of the same name, a true story of an 8 member British SAS (Special Air Service) team sent into the Iraqi desert during the Desert Storm War to seek out and destroy mobile "Scud" missile launchers in addition to severing the fiber optic communications cables the mobile launcher crews needed to get their targeting information.

Things go awry pretty quick and the Bravo Two Zero teams location is compromised turning the mission into a desperate battle of survival. The story is told through the perspective of the team leader SAS Sergeant Andy McNab and is a decent movie but some of the battle effects looked pretty fake.

Nov 9, 2003 at 7:28 PM Post #262 of 456
This week i've been to the movies a few time and have seen the following:

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Matrix Revolutions
Alien Directors Cut
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Kill Bill

Tonight i'm going again and will be watching Matrix Revolutions again
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #266 of 456
Dirty Harry - great flick

Nov 12, 2003 at 12:46 AM Post #267 of 456
Very hard to watch at times but powerful film with a superb ensemble cast including Dustin Hoffman, Robert DiNiro, Jason Patric, Ron Eldard, Kevin Bacon, Billy Crudup, Terry Kinny, Brad Pitt and Minnie Driver. This is the third time I have seen it and it still packs a real emotional punch.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back