What program do you use to play your music? (itt: we debate itunes jk)
Oct 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #121 of 169
Quote:

Fair enough.

To make things clear, foobar2000 by default comes with crude library management, but through component tweaking it can become as flexible as the user wants.

Is there any way that you can, through the program itself, remove a file from your library?

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #122 of 169
Quote:
Is there any way that you can, through the program itself, remove a file from your library?

File operations--> delete will do so, but also delete it from wherever it is located. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #123 of 169
Quote:
File operations--> delete will do so, but also delete it from wherever it is located. 

Well yeah, that's what I want to avoid.

It might seem petty but it's one of the reasons I avoid foobar. For some reason some other programs like to make folders in my "My Music" folder so they get thrown in my library.

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #125 of 169
Oct 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #127 of 169
Quote:

Well yeah, that's what I want to avoid.

It might seem petty but it's one of the reasons I avoid foobar. For some reason some other programs like to make folders in my "My Music" folder so they get thrown in my library.

I remember when MediaMonkey used to make it hard to remove things from the library, and it was frustrating. I wonder if MusicBee can handle that correctly? I downloaded MusicBee with the intention of trying it seriously for a month or so as a comparison with Media Monkey. Haven't gotten around to that yet. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #130 of 169
Quote:

I though he was talking about Foobar

He asked about foobar, and I answered his question.

I'm starting to wonder if we have some JRiver employees here.....
rolleyes.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #131 of 169
Quote:
He asked about foobar, and I answered his question.

I'm starting to wonder if we have some JRiver employees here.....
rolleyes.gif

LOL

As stated way early I use Amarra. I love how cheerful and playful it all started out. And now...

But the prep man is...mysterious. 
blink.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #133 of 169
Quote:

That can be done, but takes a bit of work.

Either you need to add the foo_run component through the "attrib "%_path%" +H" (without the outside quotation marks), or externally change individual track attributes to hidden.

From foobar2000 0.9.6 onwards, library management changed a bit, certain features were removed from the SDK, but now file flag systems are taken in account, which is currently the only way to hide songs from the library while keeping the files in place.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #134 of 169
Just to be clear: There's nothing inherently wrong with default Windows Media Player, correct? It doesn't make my music files sound more chewy or something? From what I've gathered from this thread so far, it's all about playlist management.

I like Foobar but don't use it at the moment.

I find all the media players in linux to be subpar in playlist management, and I frequently get playback errors on files that work on eveything else (Windows/Windows Mobile/Apple devices/Android).

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #135 of 169
Quote:
Just to be clear: There's nothing inherently wrong with default Windows Media Player, correct? It doesn't make my music files sound more chewy or something? From what I've gathered from this thread so far, it's all about playlist management.

I like Foobar but don't use it at the moment.

I find all the media players in linux to be subpar in playlist management, and I frequently get playback errors on files that work on eveything else (Windows/Windows Mobile/Apple devices/Android).

Playback errors? Like what? 

On a side note, I just found this really cool library organizer. It's mainly linux-driven, but it has a Windows version as well: http://beets.radbox.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back